Building Services Manager (MEP) – Germany
Vacancy Reference Code : 01748
• Take responsibility for the management, integration and delivery of complex Building
• Services systems into multiple small and or large scale projects.
• Ensure the Building Services Management Procedures PR-MEP-001, are reviewed
and implemented for the project
• Assist the estimating department in MEP tender process incl. commercial and technical
evaluation of bids on complex projects
• Manage the procurement of MEP packages and associated contract documentation
• Carry out assessment and implementation of the Site Temporary Electrical requirements
in line with the guideline document GD-MEP-001 and forms FM-MEP-002 and FMMEP-
003 on the Management System Website
• Procure and manage the Site Temporary Electrical package requirements for the project
with consideration to energy efficiency and the requirements of ISO 50001 and
the energy policy of Zero Energy Waste as per guideline document GD-NRG-001
and checklist FM-NRG-001 on the Management System Website.
• Ensure that the project has an adequate Water Systems Management Plan as per GDMEP-
• Finalising Building Services Installation and Commissioning programmes to integrate
with the Main Construction Programme.
• Chairing and recording minutes of Services Meetings / Workshops with all relevant participants
• at all project stages
• Degree in Building Services, or Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. Alternatively
can demonstrate that they have acquired the same level of knowledge and
understanding of Building Services Engineering Fundamentals as someone who has a
• Typically 11-12 years + post Qualification experience, or worked as
a Senior Building Services Engineer Level 3 for approximately 2 years or similar experience
having worked on Retail, Residential, Commercial, Manufacturing & Pharmaceutical
• Can demonstrate that they have acquired the necessary professional
competence through operational involvement in all phases of large scale
complex projects from estimating, pre-construction, through to installation, commissioning,
demonstration and handover that integrates knowledge, experience and understanding
of all Building Services Systems
• Can demonstrate that they have acquired the technical and commercial
management skills necessary to deliver large scale complex Building Services projects
on time, on budget and to the project design/ quality deliverables whilst working
in multi-disciplinary teams.
• Effective Interpersonal Skills Has a positive can do attitude who works well with more
junior and senior colleagues and can demonstrate that they have acquired appropriate
communication, social and people skills necessary to run large scale complex projects
• Health and Safety Understands health and Safety policies and practices and has acquired
positive safety values and behaviours. Always challenges unsafe work practices.
• Has implemented QMS and or Inspection, Test Commissioning and Handover
• Plans and fully understands the process’s involved towards delivering a project that
has been fully commissioned in line with the deliverables identified in the project specification
whilst achieving a high quality snag free project
• Drive and Initiative – Needs to have the enthusiasm and energy required to identify
and follow through on tasks required to deliver the project
• Excellent Communication Skills, Organisational Skills and be very dependable
Building Services Department:
• Learning & Development Programme
• Liaise with the Utility companies to ensure their infrastructural and interface requirements
are communicated and adhered to.
• Ensure MEP builders work and co-ordinated drawings are prepared, issued and approved
ahead of the programmed start on site dates
• Ensure the tracking of equipment and plant through each stage from submittal approvals
/samples and mock ups / ordering / FAT’s / delivery and quality checking is
• Monitoring progress of Building Services installation and commissioning works on site
against the planned progress requirement of the programme.
• Manage the MEP commercial and contractual aspects of the project in conjunction
with the Quantity Surveyor
• Ensure formal snagging / quality walk downs and associated inspection and sign off of
the Building Services Installation is taking place in line with the programme.
• Oversee the preparation, issue and approval of method statements for MEP related
• Oversee the development of site specific “Inspection, Test, Commissioning and Handover
• Plan” with the MEP Contractors.
• Prepare summary reports and attend Main Project meeting to report on the status of
the MEP Services at each stage, including progress and key risks presenting at that
• Liaise and interface as necessary with the appointed Assigned Assessor / Inspector for
the project in relation to MEP services
• Ensure that adequate and agreed MEP Start up and LOTO procedures are being utilised
by the MEP Contractors in line with the Sample documents on the Management
• Ensure that the “Notification of Readiness Procedure” is been utilised in relation to
• Making Safe MEP Services prior to Builders Works where relevant.
• Attend and witness on site testing and commissioning demonstrations
• Ensure the progressive assembly and approval of the Safety File
• Liaise and Interface with the Client’s Facilities for operation training and soft start.
• Ensure proper liaison / dialogue is undertaken with the Clients team in relation to any
post contract latent defects
Please contact Ian Murphy on + 353 85 866 6878 or +353 21 206 6078 or email your CV to email@example.com