Commercial Manager – Kildare
Vacancy Reference Code : 01359
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by a client to recruit for the role of Commercial Manager (Highways / Roads) on a major civil engineering projects. This is a senior role requiring 10-15 years plus civils experience. Roads/motorway experience would be an advantage.
Our client one of Ireland’s largest contractors and have built a strong reputation and growing business in Ireland and the UK. Through a programme of alliances with major international civil engineering contractors and specialist contractors, they undertake multidisciplinary projects of scale and complexity.
- The CM is responsible for the day to day running of the Commercial Management function, in particular he/she will:
- Establish procedures for the Quantity Surveying Functions. Review all the Divisional Accounts and all Financial Information before submission to the General Manager. Provide advice and support to those employed in the Commercial Section. Monitor compliance of the Quantity Surveying Section with established procedures.
- Set the timetable for submission of returns required from Quantity Surveyors. The CM will ensure and monitor the timely submission of all interim valuations, final accounts, release of retention’s, Q.S. returns and monitor the preparation of Sub-Contract documents. Review and report on the financial performance of contracts. Monitor actual payment against declared value. Assist and advise the site-based Quantity Surveyor on all matters concerning preparation of claims, their submission, progress and in negotiations for settlement.
- The CM will check that the necessary contract insurances are in place and will assist in their procurement. He/She will ensure through the Quantity Surveying function that all Sub-Contractors are properly insured.
- The CM will procure Contract Bonds as and when required.
- The CM will assist in the recruitment and training of Quantity Surveyors in conjunction with Contract Managers for their deployment on site.
- Sub-Contract Procurement
- In addition, the CM will review the placing of orders with Sub-Contractors. The CM in conjunction with the Project QS will provide support and assistance to the Estimating Department, as required.
- The CM will advise on the contractual matters in setting up Sub-Contracts.
- The CM will provide support and assistance for the preparation of tenders and negotiation of contract
Please call John Halpin at Euro Executive Recruitment on 085 8665623 or email your CV to email@example.com
All Applications & Communications Are Treated in The Strictest Confidence