Cost Accountant – East Cork
Vacancy Reference Code : 01892
Euro Executive Recruitment have been retained by a leading Irish owned multinational to recruit a Cost Accountant to be based in East Cork Operations. Reporting to the Site Controller, working closely with Site & Wider Divisional Finance Teams and Site Management Teams. You will take ownership of the cost and inventory accounting for your own manufacturing site. This is a permanent position that will be a key role for the Divisional Finance Team.
- Development of reliable and accurate weekly/monthly reports, forecast and budgets, and in doing so will facilitate key business decisions at Site level
- Provision of details weekly financial and non-financial manufacturing KPIs;
- Support in the preparation of monthly and year-end management accounts for site;
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial budgets;
- Responsible for the reconciliation of stock movements and inventory profiles on a daily basis. Calculation of material yield variances on same;
- Participate in Continuous Improvement and other cost reduction activities. Act as a champion to drive and implement recommended changes;
- Provide advice and financial support to the Site management team and wider finance department;
- Ensure adherence to all relevant processes and controls;
- Participate in additional ad-hoc support and special projects as required
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline. Finalist or Newly Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CPA);
- 2yrs accountancy experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence others at all levels in the organisation;
- Ability to influence others at all levels in the organization;
- Proven Results-orientation, attention to detail, ability to deliver to high standards and tight deadlines;
- Excellent technical competence of food safety standards;
- Excellent financial and analytical skills with a strong understanding of the underlying processes in producing and interpreting financial data;
- Strong computer literacy, and competent with accounting and Microsoft Office packages – previous use of Oracle is advantageous;
Salary & Benefits:
There is a salary of €40,000 – 45,000 on offer for the successful candidate, with a lucrative bonus and benefits package.
Please call David Glavin on 021 206 6078 or 085 862 1542 or send your CV to email@example.com.