EHS Coordinator – Cork
Vacancy Reference Code : 01897
Euro Executive Recruitment have been retained by a market leading Multinational in with operations in North Cork to recruit an EHS Co-ordinator. You will work closely with the operations team to drive a safe working culture for both employees and contractors across their areas of responsibility by promoting high standards and compliance with Safety and Environmental policies and procedures, maintaining the Company Risk management system, site licences and legal requirements. You will be recognised as the key business driver for all health and safety issues across your areas of responsibility and will also play a key role in managing all environmental issues on site.
- Provide advice and support and assist the operations team in implementing current best practice.
- Develop and implement EH&S Policies and procedures.
- Report on assigned KPI’s on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Manage the closeout of all regulatory audit actions
- Complete safety and environmental audits to ensure compliance.
- Completion of all EH&S risk assessments, implement controls, and maintain safety statement and risk registers.
- Ensure all EH&S accidents, incidents and near misses are promptly reported and thoroughly investigated. Identify appropriate corrective and preventative measures and closeout using CI tools
- Maintain and test Emergency Response Plans and provisions.
- Develop and implement approved audit programme
- Maintain EH&S training needs analysis, organise and/or conduct training programmes to the appropriate standard & maintain records
- Work with operations teams to identify CAPEX requirements and ensure all change is carefully risk assessed and appropriately managed.
- Liaise with Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing teams to ensure changes to manufacturing process are implemented.
- Promote and maintain Environmental best practice and implement appropriate controls as directed.
- Monitor all relevant environmental license parameters, as directed and take appropriate action to ensure compliance
- Develop and maintain environmental registers, Environmental Management Plans, waste registers and complete Annual Environmental Reports at each site
- Complete additional duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time by the HR Manager and Group Environmental Health & Safety Manager.
- Develop and implement EHs policies and procedures
- Be flexible and dynamic with and ability to meet EHS challenges in an evolving work environment
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline
- 5+ years experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment (no construction)
- Proven working relationship with people
- Good influencing skills
- Confident and optimistic with positive energy and drive to meet targets and achieve results
- Be Self-directing
- Strong business acumen and commercially aware.
- Analytical and Problem solving skills to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Willingness to work effectively in a team environment and to adapt to challenges in the course of achieving objectives.
- Open to change and thinking outside the box.
- Willing to constructively challenge the Status Quo.
- Be able to motivate people and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Be able to deal with ambiguity and display resilience.
- Proven track record of strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise tasks and focus on and meet task deadlines.
- A positive and flexible attitude and self-starting ability with the aptitude to take ownership of projects as required and see them through to completion.
- Be able to develop credibility, authority and respect within the business and with external parties
- Good presentation skills
- Able to take and give direction
- Adhere to policy and implementation
- Detail Orientated
- Strong influencing skills
Salary & Benefits:
- There is a salary of up to €60,000 plus bonus & benefits on offer for the successful candidate
Please call David Glavin on +353 21 206 6078 or +353 85 862 1542 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.