EMEA VAT Manager – North Cork
Vacancy Reference Code : 01672
Euro Executive Recruitment have been retained by an Irish owned Multi-National to recruit an EMEA VAT Manager to be based in there SSC in Cork. This role creates an opportunity for a proactive, ambitious and commercially aware VAT Compliance Manager in a shared service centre environment with a large Irish Plc. Reporting to the EMEA Indirect Tax Manager the candidate will provide VAT support and develop procedures to ensure that the business is VAT compliant. We are looking for an intelligent problem solver who can work with the business. The candidate will be responsible for managing the VAT needs of the organisation across a wide range of business units across EMEA.
- Ensure that the correct VAT rules are applied to all Master data
- Regularly liaising with other Business centre resources with a view to identifying and implementing best practice across the group
- Support any compliance demands faced by the business
- Lead a team of VAT analysts.
- Ensure compliance to specific VAT regulations and requirements in each jurisdiction and advise on any compliance improvements
- Manage and co-ordinate the submission of the VAT returns & other relevant returns
- Prepare for and assist the EMEA Indirect Tax Manager in any local VAT audits
- Involvement in specific project related VAT work and shared service rollout to new entities / jurisdictions
- Conduct internal training on all aspects concerning VAT
- Supporting and developing the SSC VAT team to provide best in class service to the Business
- Ensure the roll out of SSC & SAP system is compliant & efficient from a VAT perspective as the group rolls out SAP ensuring that sites that are migrated to shared services in compliance with local VAT rules
- Perform, and follow up on balance sheet reconciliations and all necessary VAT/accounting reconciliations.
- Professional Tax Qualification
- A self-starter, who is willing to take initiative on new and challenging tasks
- MNC or big four international Vat experience a distinct advantage
- Good communication skills, an ability to converse with all levels and nationalities
- Absolute discretion and observance of confidentiality requirements
- Good team player and willing learner
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Must be numerically accurate with a “good eye for detail”, thorough, organised and consistent
- Knowledge of SAP accounting system desirable
- Ability to lead a team.
Salary & Benefits:
- There is a market leading salary on offer for the successful candidate as well as an outstanding benefits package.
Please call David Glavin on +353 21 206 6078 or +353 85 8621542 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.