Financial Controller (German Hub) – Cork
Vacancy Reference Code : 01623
Euro Executive Recruitment have been retained by a Large Multi-National to recruit a Financial Controller for their German Business Hub based in Cork. You will have ownership and accountability for delivering accurate, robust and timely USGAAP Financial Statements for Germany and Austria, validated through regular internal and external audits.
• In your new role you will be responsible for USGAAP Financial Statement review and approval for the legal entities in Germany and Austria.
• You will be accountable for the Governance of the journal voucher review, account reconciliation review, and intercompany processes.
• You will lead the monthly US GAAP trial balance review process. Maintain strong processes to support a thorough understanding of monthly Trial Balances across both countries – Austria and Germany, and the legal entities within those countries.
• You will influence and lead effectively to ensure a strong control environment and compliance across the hub, taking account of different materiality in different countries.
• Responsibility for SOx compliance. You will partner with Finance/Tax Managers on reporting and tax matters to ensure accurate and holistic financial statements.
• Act as advisor/subject matter expert on complex US GAAP accounting treatments and corporate policy/procedures interpretation, leveraging expertise from Corporate Centre (US) as appropriate.
• Liaise with auditors for both Group and statutory audits. You will build relationships with key stakeholders across the Company to develop business knowledge and commercial awareness and to build a network to remain informed about business and process changes across the Hub.
• Influence and drive process improvement and efficiency across the Hub
• You will be a qualified accountant with fluency in German, with a minimum of 8 years post qualification. US GAAP accounting standards knowledge an advantage.
• Controllership / Finance management experience with a Multinational Company. Strong Systems Experience (e.g. SAP) an advantage.
• Strong interpersonal, relationship building and influencing skills; ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands. Ability to build effective networks across functions, organizations, job levels and geographies.
• Ability to achieve results through people, directly and indirectly. Demonstrated experience in Supervision / People Development.
• High self-awareness and ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural environment, strong communicating skills essential.
Salary & Benefits:
There is a market leading package on offer for the successful candidate.
Please call David Glavin on +353 21 206 6078 or +353 85 8621542 or send your CV to email@example.com.