Financial Controller (German) – Cork
Vacancy Reference Code : 01414
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by our client to recruit a Financial Controller fluent in German for their EMEA headquarters based in Cork, Ireland.
Our client a global company based in Cork are looking to recruit a Financial Controller. You will have the opportunity to work as part of a diverse multi-lingual team based in a Shared Service Centre for a multinational pharmaceutical company in Cork. The Financial Controller will work cross-functionally and have regular interaction with key business partners.
- Ownership and Accountability for delivering accurate, robust and timely US GAAP and Local German Financial Statements, validated through regular internal and external audits.
- Governance and accountability for journal voucher review, account reconciliation review, and intercompany processes.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual US GAAP trial balance review process through analysis and insight of the underlying business in the respective affiliates/hub, incorporating in the preparation and presentation of monthly Trial Balance to Senior Finance leadership
- Influence and lead strong control environment and robust compliance
- Act as advisor/subject matter expert on complex accounting treatments on US GAAP and German GAAP and policy/procedures interpretation
- Partner with the Global Process Owners to drive business process re-engineering and process standardisation.
- Leading the communication of financial information to all non-financial stakeholders
- Drive cross-functional projects where the opportunity arises.
- Demonstrate excellent project management abilities and a strong understanding of financial systems.
- Support organizational changes.
- Analyze and translate data into key strategic inputs and insights to drive decision making.
- Proven ability to work on high-level value-add ad hoc projects while continuing to achieve routine goals
- Qualified Chartered/ Public Accountant (Dottore Commercialista)- Preferably Big 4 Trained with a minimum of 8 years post qualified. GAAP/IFRS accounting standards knowledge.
- Controllership experience matured in Multinational Companies is an advantage
- Extensive Local German financial reporting and Tax experience
- Master’s Degree / MBA qualification is desirable.
- Attentive to details to ensure compliance and accurate reporting.
- German native Language
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and analysing multiple entities with the ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands
- Strong organizational and multitasking capabilities
- Self-motivated professional with excellent customer service and strong working/team building relationship skills
- Proven strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to build effective networks across functions, organisations, job levels and geographies.
- Self-motivated, with a passion for continuous improvement
- Systems Experience (SAP/Oracle) is an advantage.
- Significant travel expected.
Please contact Gerard Breen on +353 (0) 21 206 6078 or +353 (0)86 831 2693 or send your CV to email@example.com