General Foreman – Kildare
Vacancy Reference Code : 01358
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by a client to recruit for the role of General Foreman (Highways / Roads) on a major civil engineering roads project, must have civils experience, ideally 10 years plus, and must have experience in delivery of reinforced concrete structures such as bridges projects.
Our client one of Ireland’s largest contractors and have built a strong reputation and growing business in Ireland and the UK. Through a programme of alliances with major international civil engineering contractors and specialist contractors, they undertake multidisciplinary projects of scale and complexity.
- Liaise with the Project/Construction Manager, Sub Agent, Engineers, for the plant and material requirements for the week/day. Allocate work, ensuring the right type of labour is available for tasks in hand. Complete labour allocation sheets and provide information for Site Diary. (Daily allocations, Works records, Confirmation of Verbal Instructions etc.)
- Ensure plant and equipment is operable and report any break downs for prompt action to avoid delays. Arrange for plant off-hire when not needed.
- Regularly inspect all sections of work for safety and economic working. Supervise Trades Foremen/Chargehand and provide instructions (hands-on training) to staff under him/her. He/she will report any non-conforming work to the Technical Staff for prompt resolution. In conjunction with the Site Agent, he/she will ensure COSHH data sheets, for products to be used on site are available and arrange implementation accordingly. He/she will act on the surveillance report received from the Safety Consultants, where corrective action is required.
- Ensure materials are delivered to the right location, on time, and inspect or arrange inspection of materials for compliance to specification, drawings or instructions prior to incorporation into the works. He/she may seek assistance from the technical staff for this purpose.
- The Structures General Foreman will be aware of contract programme, work procedures and method statements to ensure compliance.
- The Structures General Foreman will provide input for ‘fine tuning’ of procedures, instructions, method statements etc. to reflect current practices and safe working methods. Supervise and co-ordinate Sub-Contractors work on site (when work is Sub-Contracted) to suit the current programme, and for workmanship & safety.
- At weekly or other regular site meetings, provide input for planning purposes.
- Ensure that in-process checks such as measurements, tests, inspections, etc, are carried out by the relevant personnel for certification/traceability purposes, by giving adequate notice.
Please call John Halpin at Euro Executive Recruitment on 085 8665623 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All Applications & Communications Are Treated in The Strictest Confidence