Health and Safety Advisor – Cork
Vacancy Reference Code : 01559
Location: Cork City
Project: Commercial Projects
Company: Irish main contractor
• Permanent role
• Excellent salary
• Gain significant experience working on large scale projects with a leading international contractor
• Opportunities for career development
A leading Irish main contractor is hiring a permanent Health and Safety Advisor for significant sized projects in the Cork City area. This organisation has extensive experience across large-scale projects in Ireland and the UK and continues to grow and take on numerous new projects while maintaining their commitment to world class delivery. They invest in their people with a focus on career paths and promotion, while also adhering to the highest values and standards in health and safety.
This role presents a great opportunity to take a major step in your career with a leading Irish contractor, working on extraordinary creative solutions while gaining significant experience in large scale projects.
You will be based in Cork working on a permanent basis on large scale projects. You will require a high element of supervisory, management skills, as well as being an ambitious person.
• Implement policy and procedures on site.
• Ensure training for supervisory staff received appropriate training to include internal, CBT and external training.
• Ensure and promote injury free workplace.
• Incident free healthy sites to be upheld.
• Integrate and improve group policies and procedures ensuring statutory and environmental safety obligations.
• Work and liaise with HSEQ Director.
• Maintaining workers to upkeep precautionary measures needed as required.
• Site operatives and office staff achieve desirable training and support.
• Degree qualification or its equivalent in health and safety.
• Continue to develop and carry out health and safety training as required.
• Represent and liaise with client’s representatives while on site including attendance at meetings.
• Issue and develop performance reports and policies to HSEQ Director.
• Making sure staff have all relevant manuals and training.
• 3 years + experience in a similar role required.
• Run audits, inductions, safety procedures, smoothly.
Please contact Darren O’Keeffe on +353 85 866 5682 or +353 21 206 6078 or send your CV to email@example.com. We can also set up a Skype call at a time and date that is convenient for you.