Health & Safety Manager – Westmeath
Vacancy Reference Code : 01557
Euro Executive Recruitment is seeking a candidate for a HSQE Managers role based in Athlone.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management of the HSQE of the company and report directly into the Managing Director of the company.
The role will be supported by a number of HSQE Advisors. There will be an element of supervision and management to the role.
• Provide professional support and advice to the Programme Management Team and Staff on Occupational Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality matters.
• Provide an Assurance and Audit role in the company.
• Assist staff and contractors in respect of compliance with relevant legislation, client standards and contractual arrangements.
• Identify areas of risk and develop measures to reduce and control.
• Identify initiatives to improve performance and assist in addressing areas of poor performance.
• Produce HSEQ performance reports as required.
• Promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents.
• Responsible for reviewing accident and incident HSQE reports, coordinating investigations and advising on recommendations to prevent recurrences.
• Assist and liaise with external bodies e.g. enforcing agencies.
• Significant experience in HSQE in power / utilities sector.
• Good academic qualifications, 3rd Level qualification in Health & Safety preferable.
• Experience with relevant HSQE standards and management systems.
• Educated to degree standard or equivalent professional qualification in related subject.
• Member of a relevant professional institute / chartered status.
• Health & Safety Training in industry issues.
• Experience of managing and developing staff.
• Computer literate. Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. High standard of written English is essential.
• Full driving licence.
Please contact Ian Murphy on 021 206 6078 or 085 866 6878 or email CV to email@example.com