HR Manager – Galway
Vacancy Reference Code : 01375
Responsible for training, development and employee relations.
Experience and exposure working in a fast paced large construction company would be advantageous.
Direct responsibility for 300-500 employees.
• Work on problems of diverse and sometimes complex scope. Provide input to the evaluation of people practices and policies on employee morale including the employee engagement survey and their impact on meeting the organization’s objectives.
• Implement consistent and defensible process for fairly dealing with disciplinary issues to protect company interest.
• Maintain accuracy and completeness of all general HR administration, including personnel files and training records using Company HRIS – CascadeGo. Streamline all clerical/administrative related HR processes.
• Communicate and liaise with Managers and Supervisors on effective management of the
• performance management and appraisal systems,
• Coach Managers and supervisors regarding employee relations issues. Investigate concerns,
• evaluate/offer possible resolution, provide work related advice, guidance and direction to resolve employee grievances/complaints,
• To support, assist and advice managers and supervisors in all aspects of the HR remit including Disciplinary, Grievance and Bullying & Harassment
• To monitor and manage absence records and liaise with supervisors as appropriate
• To manage long and short-term absences in line with policy
• To manage employee complaints in line with policy
• Work with Management on Policy and Strategy development and implement HR Policies and
• Procedures. Adjust and review HR related Policies and Procedures as necessary.
• Work seamlessly with the HSQE teams on HR matters
• To report to the HR Director. Provide monthly reports on key HR performance indicators.
• Creating, tracking and reconciling HR Budget
• Develop and Manage an efficient HR Team and Support staff
• Develop and Implement a strong GDPR policy for the Group
• Experience working in a similar sized business (200-500)
• UK, Irish and EU Employment law knowledge
• Strong Communication, presentation and administration skills
• Experience in Construction, Construction Services and Facilities Management environment
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills is essential with demonstrable competency
• A highly organised team player, with a desire for continuous improvement.
• Ability to use high levels of initiative to improve systems, processes and ways of working
• Self-starter, ability to work on own initiative
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in HR
• Team player with ability to work on own initiative and excellent attention to detail
• Degree in HR or equivalent/relevant HR discipline
• Experience in Irish and UK Employment Law
• Experience of TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings Regulations)
• Strong analytical, problem solving and attention to detail skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, self-directed team-based environment.
Please contact Ian Murphy on 085 866 66878 or send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org