Managing Director (Construction Utilities) – Midland Region
Vacancy Reference Code : 01556
Euro Executive Recruitment has been exclusively retained to recruit a Managing Director for a medium sized Construction and Utilities company based in the Midland Region.
The Managing Director of the business, in partnership with the Board of Directors, is responsible for the success of the company. Together, the Board and the Managing Director work to accomplish the company’s mission and vision.
The Board of Directors delegates responsibility for management and the day-to-day operations to the Managing Director and s/he has the authority to carry out these responsibilities, in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board of Directors. The Managing Director also provides direction and enables the Board of Directors to carry out its governance functions.
• Develop strong business relationships with the Board and Senior Management and clearly understand their mission, challenges and business initiatives.
• Consult regularly with the Board and Senior Management regarding the development and administration of strategic services and actively contributes to the development and implementation of our clients objectives and strategies.
• Direct strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the business.
• Develop strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the board.
• Liaise with the Board and Senior Management to formulate financial plans, objectives, policies and procedures.
• Put in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems.
• Responsible for managing and developing the daily activities of the Senior Management team.
• Deliver high quality business support via the management of reviews, key meeting and reporting.
• Actively participate in the Board and Senior Management business meetings to provide financial perspective on key issues.
• Liaise with the Board and Senior Management to formulate business plans, objectives, policies and procedures.
• Drive continuous improvement in timeliness and accuracy of services.
• Effectively manage any employee relations / HR issues.
• Formulate and successfully implement company policies.
• Take remedial action where necessary and inform the board of significant changes.
• Ensure that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by Senior Management and other employees.
• Maintain an ongoing dialogue with the board.
• Maintain the operational performance of the company.
• Represent the company to customers, professional associations and accreditations (ISO, Achilles)
• Build and maintain an effective Senior Management team.
Responsibilities within Business Process:
• Analyses, explains, and draws logical conclusions based on complex data from multiple content areas.
• Rapidly learns and assimilates complex information involving unfamiliar situations and circumstances.
• Quickly perceives implications and makes sound judgments and recommendations.
• Teaches and guides others to think more clearly and critically.
• Articulates a clear strategic vision, generates enthusiasm that impacts multiple groups, and creates symbols to rally the support of people in his/her group or organisation.
• Viewed by people inside and outside his/her group as a highly effective, motivating leader.
• Adjusts leadership style to meet the demands and requirements of different situations and groups successfully.
• Involves groups in strategy development in ways that generate enthusiasm, ownership, and commitment.
• Defines all assignments and work problems in terms of results to be achieved.
• Works constantly to find the most effective way to achieve intended results.
• Works efficiently and diligently on the task at hand, putting in whatever time and effort is needed to do an excellent job.
• Recognises quickly when progress toward results is slowing or stalling and takes immediate action to get back on track.
• Accepts difficult goals or assignments and gets right to work.
• Perseveres in drive for results even when faced with difficulties and setbacks.
• Motivates employees and pulls employees together to accomplish goals.
• Actively participates in the development of the goals.
• Takes initiative to help other employees.
• Encourages employees to treat each other with respect.
• Is comfortable and effective in leading or following, depending on the task at hand and the needs of the team.
This list is not exhaustive. The Managing Director will be required to perform such other duties as appropriate to the post, as may be assigned to you from time to time by the Board of Management.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience, directly applicable operational management experience within the Construction or Utilities sector.
• Third Level Degree/ Masters.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
• Ability to work in a team setting where a high degree of daily communication is required.
• Must care about and value viewpoints of employees and managers with different areas of responsibility.
• Must be able to work independently and multi-task in a chaotic, fast-paced environment.
• High level of energy, enthusiasm, flexibility and patience.
• Excellent leadership, negotiation, problem solving, decision making, project management, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills required.
• Strong, mature presence to ensure effective communication with both member and internal/external customers/bodies.
Please contact Denis Casey in strict confidence on 086 815 9622 or 021 206 6078 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org