Senior Materials Manager (Construction) – Kildare
Vacancy Reference Code : 01931
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit an experienced senior materials manager for a role in Kildare. He/she will partner cross functionally to develop, lead and execute the required strategies and initiatives to fully deliver a best in class service across a large project. Utilising a commercial mindset to develop and maintain key metrics to ensure stock levels are always at their most efficient.
The role reports into the Group Procurement Operations Manager.
- Strategy: Devise the strategy for the Materials Management function to support the wider
- organisational strategy in the delivery of a large-scale project.
- Capacity Planning & Provision: Responsible for the provision of the required level of capacity on an annual & ongoing basis in line with project needs & volumes.
- Bulk Requirements: Consolidate bulk orders from multiple sources and implement processes to ensure requirements are fulfilled in a cost effective and efficient manner to ensure minimal wastage and correct stock levels are maintained.
- Tendering and contracts: Support the process for the procurement of the relevant services in line with the business requirements to meet the needs of the business in terms of volumes, on- time delivery and quality of operations.
- Financial Management: Develop annual budgets. Identify trends and areas for continuous improvement and cost reduction.
- Projects: Take a lead role in strategic and operational projects. Design and implement materials management specific projects/work steams as required and provide additional ad-hoc support as required.
- People Management: Develop and lead the warehousing team to achieve best in class service.
- Reporting: Provide accurate and concise information to the Group Procurement Operations
- Manager that can be utilised to make strategic decisions at board level.
- Have 6+ years relevant experience and competence.
- Third level or higher qualification in Business Administration, or Construction related discipline.
- In depth knowledge of materials management and operations & planning management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others at all levels in the organisation and a proven working relationship with people.
- Great communication skills with a commercial mindset.
- Strong business acumen and commercially aware with robust analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A positive and flexible attitude and self-starting ability with the aptitude to take ownership of projects
- as required and see them through to completion.
- Experience of large scale projects
- Ability to concurrently run / manage a large volume of work.
- Exposure to MRP and MRQ Systems.
Industry leading salary / benefits package on offer.
Please contact Ian Murphy on 085 866 6878 or 021 206 6078 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org