Mechanical Estimator – Waterford
Vacancy Reference Code : 01308
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by a client to recruit for the role of Mechanical Estimator to be based out of their head office in Waterford.
Our client has over 30 years of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation expertise with many blue chip clients in sectors including commercial, health and social care, manufacturing and industrial, science and technology and utilities. It has undertaken various projects at data centres, power stations, pharmaceutical and food and beverage facilities and within the renewable energy industry.
The Mechanical Estimator is responsible for the preparation, submission and management of mechanical tenders allocated. The main objective of this role is to achieve reduced accurate prime costings in accordance with the client’s specification.
- Accurately quantify material, plant and labour requirements for allocated mechanical projects.
- Ensure that for pre-designed projects enquiries relative to the supply of materials, plant and labour are satisfactorily dealt with and that relevant information, contractual and trading particulars are distributed.
- Undertake the assessment of tender bids from own subcontractors.
- Prepare estimates utilising computer-aided systems including input of data, ensuring the Estimating Manual procedures are adhered to throughout.
- Produce summary sheet and associated documentation and presentation of package for tender adjudication to meet deadlines.
- Prepare client tender documentation on completion of tender, including production of correspondence on exclusions/variations/extension to tender dates.
- Prepare post-tender reports on progress of tender and end-of-month report.
- Prepare files to laid-down standards and undertake costing variations.
- Attend and contribute to pre-contract meetings and post-tender interviews.
- In preparation of tenders, attend site surveys and liaise with suppliers and subcontractors to tender submission status.
- Negotiate prices with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Work safely in accordance with the company’s current health and safety policy and procedures.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by your Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the role of Mechanical Estimator.
- The ability to read, interpret and understand specifications and drawings.
- Experience of computerised estimating software.
- The ability to think ahead, plan and prioritise workload.
- The ability to work with the minimum of supervision.
- Numeracy and literacy skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Good communication skills.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Computer literacy – MS Office.
Please call John Halpin at Euro Executive Recruitment on 085 866 5623 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org