Process Project Engineer – North Cork
Vacancy Reference Code : 01895
Euro Executive Recruitment have been retained by a market leading Multinational in Cork to recruit multiple Process Project Engineer. Reporting to the Head of Engineering to this newly created position will assume leading responsibility for driving high standard of efficiency across multiple projects using best practice project management techniques on capital investment and process improvement projects across the groups key manufacturing sites. You will be a core part of the engineering team, liaising directly with both internal and external parties on associated aspects of the business
- Deliver projects within budget, schedule & specification while adhering to site safety rules and the required standard.
- Effective management of payback analysis, scheduling & cost control.
- Support Line managers and cross functional teams to identify key areas for improvement within their area.
- Define and develop detailed project scopes through stakeholder meetings;
- Co-ordinate all project activities including estimating, design, specification, sourcing, purchasing, construction and commissioning activities;
- While focusing on energy (gas and electricity), water and other site utilities at plant level, monitor performance and identify and lead projects to deliver savings and achieve site KPIs.
- Tendering and bid analysis for equipment & contracts.
- Project Management for the site related projects;
- Effective management of contractors on site;
- Updating and maintaining process & utility system P&ID’s, engineering specifications & standards;
- Identify payback projects and complete the required submission for consideration for capex;
- Secure buy-in from the Site & Senior Leadership team and key stakeholders;
- Adherence to H&S requirements in the execution of your duties;
- Application of appropriate continuous improvement tools;
- Participation in special projects as required.
- Excellent project management skills are essential to this role;
- Strong attention to detail and concern for standards with a keen results orientation;
- Flexible with the capability to transfer between sites as required;
- Strong Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Decisive approach in exercising sound judgement and making reliable decisions;
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationship with key stakeholders;
- Good influencing skills;
- Experience of HAZOP and P&ID is critical.
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude;
- Willingness to work effectively in a team environment and to adapt to challenges in the course of achieving objectives.
- Proven track record of strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise tasks and focus on and meet task deadlines.
- Be able to motivate people and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills;
- Be able to develop credibility, authority and respect within the business and with external parties.
- Knowledge & application of best practices, engineering standards.
- Good knowledge of construction regulations (PSCS, PSDP)
- Qualification Required: Third level degree or masters qualification in a relevant discipline (ideally process, chemical or mechanical engineering)
- Work Experience Required: 5 + years’ experience in a similar role
- Certified project management qualification is advantageous e.g. PMP, IPMA etc.
Salary & Benefits:
There is a salary of up to €60,000 plus bonus & benefits on offer for the successful candidate.
Please call David Glavin on +353 21 206 6078 or +353 85 862 1542 or send your CV to email@example.com