Site Engineer – Kildare
Vacancy Reference Code : 01394
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by a client to recruit for the role of Site Engineer on their major civil engineering projects.
Our client one of Ireland’s largest contractors and have built a strong reputation and growing business in Ireland and the UK. Through a programme of alliances with major international civil engineering contractors and specialist contractors, they undertake multidisciplinary projects of scale and complexity.
- The Site Engineer in conjunction with the Site Agent will ensure that the drawings & documents in use are the latest and are issued for construction. Obsolete documents shall be removed from active files.
- The Site Engineer is responsible for accurate setting-out of works by using the current drawings and information. They will ensure that the setting-out information is understood by the General Foreman and ensure that it is being followed. (If no General Foreman then operatives)
- The Site Engineer is responsible for the survey instruments allocated to the section, for their calibration and any checks as necessary. Records will be kept for verification.
- The Site Engineer will carry out the check on setting-out stations at a defined frequency to ensure their values are within tolerances as specified in the Contract.
- The Site Engineer will familiarise themselves with and practice the Quality Procedures, Inspection and Test requirements, arrange for witnessing and/or verification as required of a particular activity by liaising with the Customer or his representative under the direction of the Sub-Agent/Agent.
- The Site Engineer will be aware of contract requirements, time schedule, specific materials requirements and resources. They will raise Non-Conformances when any completed or partially completed work does not comply with the contract requirements. The Site Engineer will follow the NCR until resolved satisfactorily. They will maintain a register of Non-Conformances.
- The Site Engineer will provide input for the Site Diary, such as the activities of the day, materials received, inspections performed, weather conditions, visitors, instructions received, etc.
- The Site Engineer will ensure any verbal instructions received from the Customer or their representative, are passed on to the management for written confirmation, irrespective of their cost/delay exposure to the contract. The Site Engineer will prepare records for additional works/variations etc and submit to the Quantity Surveyor/Sub-Agent or Agent.
- Degree Qualified in Civil Engineering (NFQ Level 8)
- 3 – 6 years’ experience in a civil engineering role
- Proficient in the use of setting out equipment – GPS, robotic total station, levelling equipment
- Ability to maintain high levels of health, safety & quality on site
- Ability to manage sub-contractors
- Strong communication skills
Please call John Halpin 085 866 5623 or 01 479 6466 or send your CV in confidence to email@example.com