Electrical Engineer – Cork
Vacancy Reference Code : 01940
Contract (24 months)
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by one of Ireland’s largest manufacturing companies in the pharmaceutical sector to recruit a Site Electrical Engineer for a role based in Cork. Ideal candidate will have exposure with stakeholder management, electrical design and manufacturing processes.
Competitive hourly rate on offer for the successful candidate.
- Support the development and management of the site electrical infrastructure and make
- improvements to ensure it is reliable and robust for the present needs and for the sites long term future.
- Lead the control of electrical drawings, ensuring new drawings records are produced, reviewed and existing drawings are updated.
- Lead and/or support design of instrument wiring, drawings, loop drawings, MCC schematics and general service/lighting schematics. Review and approval of such drawing produced by
- consultants for the clients projects.
- Develop and update all statutory periodical maintenance of all site electrical equipment,
- switchgear and control gear.
- Develop electrical PM’s for areas where they presently do not exist and expand electrical PM’s where they presently existing.
- Support the site Electrical Maintenance (e.g. Thermographic, LV and HV Maintenance, PAT,
- Equipotential Bonding) and ensure all recommendations are closed to ensure site compliance.
- Development and maintenance of site wide electrical specifications and drawings to ensure that they are at the most up to date revision for actual installations.
- Support the management of all electrical contractors on site to ensure they comply with the
- electrical specifications and deliverables set out by the electrical engineer i.e. adherence to site rule, procedures and project deliverables.
- Maintenance and upgrades of the electrical facilities systems such as lighting, emergency
- ighting, UPS systems, small power, BMS system, Fire Alarm, door access control, CCTV, cable
- containment systems, earthing and lightning protection system, transformers, MV \ LV panels etc…
- Troubleshoot electrical related process problems & equipment failures to determine root cause hence instigate repair using the latest lean tools & techniques.
- Project manage electrical projects on site and assist with multi-disciplined projects where
- Coordinate with quality and EHS on matters where an SME electrical input is needed.
- Provide leadership and coaching to technicians as required and support problem solving and
- continuous improvement efforts across all areas of the sites.
- Manage Requisitions and financial needs to ensure site discretionary budgets and capital
- budgets are met.
- Ensure project design and installations meet the requirement of EU directives such as ATEX and Machinery Directive and CE compliance.
- Develop critical spares list for site electrical utilities and main MCC panels & ensure that critical spares are in stock or are readily available at all times. Ensure that an effective programme is
- then maintained.
- Placement of PO’s for equipment and spares is within the job role as is other administration work required to carry out your functional work.
- Input into site Maintenance system ‘INFOR’ to ensure recorded hours and recurring issues are identified and remedied.
- Minimum of 3 years + industry experience in an FDA or GMP environment
- Electrical circuit design is required
- HV\LV design experience an advantage
- Maintaining and management of electrical drawing records.
- Experience within an ATEX environment.
- Be familiar with planned preventative maintenance approaches
- Excellent awareness and experience in relation to Quality and Environment, Health and Safety.
- In depth knowledge of ATEX directives, ETCI wiring regulations, IEC and EN standards
- Management of projects through their full life-cycle
- CE marking and declaration of conformity reviews and approvals.
- Instrumentation and Automation \ Controls experience is preferable.
Please contact Darren O Keeffe on + 353 85 866 5682 or send your CV to email@example.com