Assistant Director of Nursing
AA Euro Recruitment Group
We are currently recruiting for Assistant Director of Nursing for our client based in Galway.
The Assistant Director of Nursing is a leader who will work under the direction of the Director of Nursing to promote excellence in clinical care and practice in the Nursing home. The Assistant Director will be a skilled Nurse practitioner who will act as a resource person and coach facilitating and promoting an ethos and culture of Quality Assurance throughout the home. He/she will work with the entire care team and other departments advising, and supporting employees, residents and relatives. He/she will take a managerial responsibility for the Nursing home in the absence of the Director of Nursing and work with all departments in delivering the highest quality care for our residents. He/She will present for work in a professional and appropriate manner at all times.
- Have not less than 3 years experience and combined Nursing experience of 7 years post registration.
- Minimum Level 8 Nursing Qualification along with Third Level Management qualification.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and regulatory inspection activity as they pertain to residential care centres.
- Have the ability to manage ones own workload effectively while responding flexibly to new demands at short notice.
- Be available to work flexible hours when required.
- Participate in the overall management of the Home as part of the senior management team.
- In the absence of the Director of Nursing, undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person-in-Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and HIQA standards.
- Participate in clinical management within the home in consultation with the DON including providing care to residents, communicating with residents/families/representatives, managing staff, monitoring performance and standards, developing policies and procedures, and delivering training.
- Participate in the surveillance and promotion of the health, well-being and safety of residents and employees.
- Lead by example a professional, punctual and dedicated team.
For more information and a full job description, please contact Joanne on 085 7568571 or email: email@example.com