Civil Engineer – T&D – Dublin
AA Euro Recruitment Group
Civil Engineer – Dublin
Euro Executive recruitment has been retained to recruit a Civil Engineer for a leading M&E Contractor to work within their Power Division on a number of large sub-station projects across the Greater Dublin area. The role presents an opportunity to work with a leading organisation on a range of large projects.
- Review tender documents and electrical requirements as defined by electrical engineers and put together a civil tender package for potential civil sub-contractors.
- Review of tender responses from a technical viewpoint in order to assist the commercial department in selecting a preferred civil sub-contractor.
- Liaise with electrical designers and civil designers to ensure civil designs meet requirements
- Manage and take ownership of interface with Client and Client processes in respect to civil design and works.
- Review and quality control of civil design prior to them being issued to the Client
- Manage the organisations input to the Client and / or Utility design review process with respect to civil designs.
- Work with both the project PM and QS to prepare sub contract packages.
- In conjunction with the project PM, project manage the civil sub-contractor.
- Liaise with the electrical design team & electrical construction team to ensure correctness of civil installation & of successful handover to electrical construction and to the end Client.
- Work closely with the project PM to ensure that all variations are captured and notified to the project QS in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the civil sub-contractor as required on variations and associated design / re-design works.
- Ensure that the Clients management systems are complied with as set out in the contract documentation.
- Management of civil sub consultants and contractors.
- Manage projects and delivery them to quality, safely and on time.
- Manage, assess and develop teams and assigned individuals.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A professionally qualified Civil Engineer.
- An excellent influencer with the ability to partner with a dynamic professional team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the client.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in the design of structural and civil elements of varying materials (ie concrete, steel, masonry, timber, drainage and road design) to the relevant design codes / standards and statutory information to ROI / NI / UK / EU jurisdictions.
- Experienced and proficient in producing and presenting drawings using AutoCAD.
- Minimum of 4 years engineering design/project management experience.
- Experience in Civil Engineering design for substations or electrical power installations.
- A proven track record of delivering projects on time and to budget.
Contact Owen Twomey on 085 866 9484, alternatively email your CV to email@example.com