Community Support Worker
AA Euro Recruitment Group
Community Support Worker Arklow, Co. Wicklow
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Community Support Worker to join our client`s services in a residential setting in Arklow, Co. Wicklow. As a Community Support Worker, you will be involved in supporting clients to achieve their personal outcomes to build on their potential and to develop positive roles within their home and in the community.
Working hours will be variable including day shifts, sleepovers, weekends, and unsociable hours.
- To facilitate and implement a person-centred approach for our Clients appropriate to their wishes and goals.
- To promote and protect the rights of people in a manner that respects their dignity, their right to make choices and their privacy
- To actively seek new interests and opportunities for people to develop meaningful roles in their communities
- To ensure the overall wellbeing of clients in all areas of their lives including health and personal care
- To assist in the teaching of life skills in cooking, budgeting, cleaning & building confidence.
Applicants must have:
- QQI level 7 in Social Care or international equivalent (validated by QQI).
- A passion for promoting and empowering those you support.
- A team player willing to lone work as well as working as part of a team.
- A knowledge of the HIQA regulations and standards
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Enthusiasm, energy, and creativity
- Excellent IT and report writing skills.
- Hold a full driving licence and be willing to drive location vehicles.
- Can deal with confidential information in a discreet and responsible manner.
- Be flexible to work a variety of rostered shifts over a seven-day work period.
- Understanding and experience of therapeutic interventions
- One Years post qualification experience of working with adults with intellectual disability.
- Experience of working alone in a one to one environment as well as experience of teamwork.
- Experience of dealing with complex behaviours that challenge and with behavioural supports.
- CPI experience
- Working with dual diagnosis and complex behaviours.
- Experience of creative problem-solving techniques
- Successful candidates will be paid as per the HSE consolidated pay scales in line with required qualifications and relevant experience.
For more information on this vacancy, please contact Joanne Moody on +353 85 7568571 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org