AA Euro Recruitment Group
Euro Executive recruitment are working with one of Munster`s well known Construction & Civil Engineering companies to place an experienced Company Accountant reporting to the Company Director in their Cork offices. The Company Accountant is responsible for the preparation of management & statutory reporting, maintenance and improvement of financial systems and processes. The Company Accountant will develop strong relationships with managers of the various functions across the business to ensure they understand business needs and provide relevant reporting to support decision making.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Management reporting including analysis of overheads, debtors/creditors, retention`s, capital spend, cashflow.
- Ensure all financial reporting and taxation compliance requirements are met in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. This includes VAT returns & RCT returns.
- Deliver job cost reports to directors. Maintain an efficient process around the delivery of reports.
- Treasury management including liaison with main banks.
- Preparation of year-end financial statements and supporting workpapers.
- Coordination and delivery of the annual audit, which involves acting as liaison and building strong relationship with the auditors. Ensure open communication with issues discussed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Stay up to date on accounting standards and tax legislation; keep directors briefed of the impact of incoming changes on a no surprises basis.
- Management of the company payroll, subcontractor payroll and supplier payments.
- Ensure appropriate policies, processes and procedures are in place.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the capabilities of current accounting system and ensure that they are administered effectively and are operating efficiently.
- Drive process innovation and improvement in the finance function. Promote continuous challenging of processes to ensure most efficient practice is adopted.
- Provide support to the business in a proactive manner promote robust, open and productive relationships.
- Instigate and drive forward various overhead cost/process review initiatives as appropriate.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience in construction industry preferred
- Good technical accounting knowledge
- Familiarity with VAT & RCT
- Strong drive to continuously improve systems & processes
- Ability to build excellent working relationships with a wide range of people
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proactive with strong problem-solving ability
- Exceptional time management
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
SALARY & BENEFITS
There is a market leading salary on offer for the successful candidate.
To apply, please call David Glavin on +353 21 206 6078 or +353 85 8621542 or send your CV to email@example.com. We can also arrange a Skype call at a time & date that is convenient to you.