AA Euro Recruitment Group
Cost Manager MEP Ireland Kildare / Remote
The Cost Manager (MEP) will play a key role in the management and delivery of cost management services with a specific focus on MEP. The individual will be a key player within our growing team, will have line management responsibility and will be provided with an excellent opportunity to progress within the cost center and wider business.
- Prepare and peer review construction estimates/cost plans (MEP).
- Prepare project feasibility studies with accompanying robust benchmark cost data.
- Present estimates/cost plans to the design team and client.
- Inform and lead value engineering discussions and provide reasoned advice on all potential cost saving opportunities.
- Engagement and participation in design team meetings.
- Lead MEP benchmarking initiatives within the cost center.
- Prepare detailed MEP tender analysis and lead post tender clarification meetings to align bids prior to contract.
- Review and provide comments on contractual documentation.
- Identify opportunities to develop new business and report opportunities to the cost center Director.
- Review contractor and subcontractor pricing.
- Lead negotiations on the clients behalf.
- Validate/assess contractor/subcontractor payment applications and submissions.
- Assess post contract changes.
- Ensure that post-contract change is managed and aligned to the change management process.
- Provide early warnings to the client on areas of cost risk.
- Prepare/peer review construction financial reports at a project and portfolio level.
- Lead final account process and ensure completion and agreement in a timely manner.
- The individual will possess:
- College/University degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Construction Management or related technical field.
- A minimum of 3 years experience required.
- Background in MEP services required.
- Recent experience working on data center projects preferred.
- Contractor/subcontractor background considered.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills.
- Great organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- RICS accreditation preferred but not required.
If you would like more information on this role, please contact Ian Murphy on +353 85 8666878 or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org