Data Ops Engineer
AA Euro Recruitment Group
AA Euro Group have been retained by a market leading multinational in Medical Devices to recruit a DataOps Engineer on a day rate basis. You will be part of a dynamic team working in a regulated environment on cutting edge technology. This is a 12 month contract and can be worked 100% remotely or hybrid or on site. We are looking to contract a Data Engineer for our digital solutions team, the role covers full lifecycle activities around the acquisition, development, operationalisation and management of Data services and analytics systems. Key must have technologies are Azure Data Services and OSI-PI (Aveva) system.
- The Data Ops Engineer is responsible for day-to-day technical development and delivery of data pipelines on Microsoft Azure platform services.
- You will ensure delivery of solutions based on the backbone of good architecture, best data engineering practices around operational efficiencies, security, reliability, performance and cost optimisation.
- The key focus of the role is: – Design, build and optimise data engineering pipelines to extract data from different sources and applications and feed into cloud data platform and On-Prem OSI PI historian system.
- Work closely with the Amagine Digital Solutions Team in building, testing and productionising data extraction, transformation and reporting solutions within cloud platform.
- Provide accurate and timely information that can be used in day to day operational and strategic decision making.
- Evaluate data importance and manage production of data pipelines.
- Code, test, and document new or modified data models and to create robust and scalable data assets for reporting and analytics.
- Build data engineering framework to support Data Migration to Azure Cloud technologies and deliver new projects as per new target architecture within Azure data cloud service.
- Expand and increase data platform capabilities to resolve new data problems and challenges by identifying, sourcing, and integrating new data.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Peer review code and promote dev ops culture within data team.
- Implement solutions that adhere to architecture best practices.
- Ensure data integrity within reports and dashboards by reviewing data, identifying and resolving gaps and inconsistencies, and escalating as required to foster a partnered approach to data accuracy for business reporting purposes.
- Work on cross-functional solutions focusing on business and process improvement.
- Migration of solutions from legacy systems to cloud data platform.
- Assist in presenting and showcasing solutions to the end users
- Maintain platform performing regular tasks such as user management and audit, resource utilisation, alerts monitoring, code reviews.
- Be aware and own the risks within your business area and make informed risk based decisions, using the Risk Assessment template for all contracts, business cases, significant business decisions, and projects under your control.
Experience & Skills:
- BSc or MScComputer Science orpreferred.
- 3+of experience as a DataOps Specialist or Data Engineer roledemonstrated knowledge and experience within data delivery, solution design and delivery.
- Expert level knowledge of OSI PI data historian by AVEVA
- Working knowledge of Publish/Subscribe technologies such as MQTT and web sockets.
- Critical to success will be strong communication skills, analytical mindset, excellent documentation skills and demonstrable experience in working with a variety of business stakeholders.
Salary & Benefits:
This is a day rate contract with a market leading package please enquire for further info