E&I Site Manager
AA Euro Recruitment Group
E&I Site Manager Offaly Pharma
As Instrumentation & Control Site Manager you will represent the Project Manager & company on major construction sites and to take responsibility for all site related activities associated with the construction of a varied range of projects. The Instrumentation & Control Site Manager will be expected to take the lead on all on-site activities from pre-mobilisation through to commissioning and eventual demobilisation.
Instrumentation & Control Site Manager Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Assist PM in development of construction programme, short term look ahead planning reports, equipment and materials schedules.
- Visit site and develop a site establishment schedule.
- Familiarisation with change management with PM.
- Assist in project validation.
- Put site safety starter pack in place and participate in HSEQ plan.
- Set up site establishment.
- Method statement and Risk Assessment preparation and review with sub-contractor.
- Review construction drawings and sign off
- Assist in benchmarking installation practices and Quality procedures
Project Running Phase:
- Develop a daily key action plan that includes HSEQ, productivity and people management.
- Assist Project team in expediting of major equipment deliveries.
- Maintain a site diary
- Attend/Chair internal meetings with sub-contractors.
- Ensure that all variations are picked up in conjunction with PM and QS.
- Ensure labour allocation sheets are being completed by sub-contractors.
- Produce short term programmes in line with master programme.
- Mark up master programme each week and issues to PM.
- Effectively manage sub-contractor supervision to enable efficient productivity
- Ensure sub-contractor workforce is on site at workface on time.
- Liaise with sub-contractors to address available work faces.
- Liaise with our client in co-ordination between building and services.
- Work closely with other supervisors to ensure effective co-ordination between M&E services.
- Integrate with other internal and external supervisors to ensure cross co-ordination of trades and installation processes.
- Take ownership and responsibility of issues to drive out solutions in conjunction with Project Manager.
- Ensure tool box talks, inductions and safety briefings are being carried out.
- Maintain plant logs and ensure weekly safety checks are carried out.
- Ensure operatives are working safely, wearing appropriate PPE and working to agreed method statements.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Policy in particular to the operation of work permits, site safety audits and weekly walk arounds.
- Carry out daily walk around adopting a dont walk by approach to safety.
- Implement H&S behaviour/culture and Golden Rules.
- Plan and co-ordinate delivery of materials and plant.
- Mark up drawings in conjunction with inspection testing.
- Ensure inspection test plan is enforced by snagging works, then offering to client for inspection at various stages of the installation working to ZERO snags.
- Ensure that free issue equipment is checked, cared for and once accepted confirm to engineer to sign off for payment.
Close Out Activities:
- Liaise with commissioning engineer in ensuring all systems are tested, demonstrated and handover.
- Ensure all site safety devices are proved.
- Ensure all life systems are complete and certified.
- Issue final marked up drawings are correct.
- Liaise with PM on site demobilisation, including plant, labour, materials and site establishment.
- Ensure all statutory notices, schematics, wall charts are in place on site in accordance with project completion checklist.
- Maintain a site diary.
- Assist QS in his / her duties
- Ensure companys good image is maintained at all times.
- Integrate with site team.
- Ensure your agreed training plan is enforced.
Necessary requirement of the Instrumentation & Control Site Manager
- Recognised Electrical apprenticeship / trade cert coupled with a minimum of 5 years Site Management experience
- Experience in managing Electrical design and build projects in-excess of 5 million.
- You will ideally be in possession of; IOSH certificate managing safety; IOSH certificate in environmental management and general NEBOSH certificate but not essential.
- Possess strong computer abilities
- Professional Acumen – Represent at a senior level in meetings, presentations, technical workshops, etc. in a professional, competent and capable manner.
- Communications A strong communicator with excellent verbal and writing proficiency. Ability to lead presentations to larger audiences.
- Planning and Organising – An organised and adaptable individual with a flexible approach to work. Ability to manage and prioritise when leading multiple projects.
- Deep understanding of constructability of projects.
- Strong Commercial awareness.
- Capable of building strategic relationships with third party design groups.
- Ability to work on own initiative and build and manage a team.
Desired competencies / special role requirements
- Instrumentation & Control experience
- Pharmaceutical or similar experience