AA Euro Recruitment Group
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit an Electrical Estimator for a leading utility solutions provider based in Cork City. The successful candidate will be involved with and be responsible for tendering for all projects within the business. This will include preparing, managing and collating accurate, detailed and timely tenders based on drawings, specifications, Bills of Quantities, and technical information. The role will be supported in this process by the various other relevant functions within the business, from Technical to Health & Safety to Contractual. The successful candidate will report directly to the BD Director.
This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines in a fast-paced work environment. This position requires a high degree of business acumen, and an individual who possess excellent problem solving skills, an eye for value engineering solutions and the highest level of discretion and professionalism.
- Responsible for the production, quality and timely delivery of compliant, commercially sounds, market-leading, winning bids and proposals.
- Prepare and review the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer.
- Track and effectively manage issues and risks throughout the bid process.
- Contribute to the written proposal – both in terms of content and presentation.
- Manage and present the financials and ensure Bids have gone through the appropriate commercial signoff process.
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues.
- Manage the handover process (to Operations) for all won opportunities.
- Interface with all parts of business as necessary for the completion of bids and proposals.
- Perform a review of win and loss opportunities to ensure key lessons are learned.
- Reviewing trends and carrying out data analysis to identify areas for improvement.
- Identify, agree and deliver on key performance indicators for the Role.
- Support and assist the BD Director in all BD related matters.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Ideally degree educated – in a related electrical/mechanical/construction field.
- Minimum 3 years experience in electrical estimating with a contractor.
- Good working knowledge of pricing and quantification methods
- Experience of MV/HV electrical work.
- Experience managing multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Business and Technical Writing is desirable but not essential.
- Understand the procurement processes.
- Proficient at producing and presenting proposals.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good time management skills and ability to multitask.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with staff, at all levels, and third parties.
- Ability to set and meet objectives.
- Strong understanding of the customer journey.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Commercial knowledge and understanding
- Strong IT skills with Microsoft Office packages, including diagnostic skills
- Good Business Knowledge
- Ability to roll the sleeves up and work independently
Contact Owen Twomey on 085 866 9484, alternatively email your CV to email@example.com