Electrical Project Engineer
AA Euro Recruitment Group
Electrical Project Engineer:
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by a leading engineering contractor to recruit am Electrical Project Engineer who will be responsible for the engineering activities on a Data Centre project in Switzerland, this is a permanent role with an excellent package on offer:
- Complete electrical design review to identify design gaps and deviations or contradictions in the specifications.
- Validate cable sizing and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay.
- Compile and issue electrical technical submittals.
- Manage submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of electrical equipment and complete the receipt verification process once the equipment is delivered.
- Attend & record regular supply chain meetings to ensure that progress is monitored & maintained within the overall construction programme.
- Update and record progress on system trackers which are fully aligned with the construction schedule.
- Review the electrical installation with the BIM team to ensure the design is constructible and that there is adequate space for installation and maintenance of all equipment and cabling.
- Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure correct operation of the plant on site & successful handover.
- Complete electrical system walk-downs to ensure systems are compliant with specifications and drawings.
- Compile test pack, FTOPs and O&Ms and present for approval.
- Manage specialist vendors during the commissioning process to ensure timely completion of their works.
- Undertake client training in line with agreed training plan.
- 3rd level Qualification in Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering.
- Ideally will possess 2+ years relevant experience working in a similar role.
- Experience with both LV and MV systems primarily in building services and data centre environments.
- Previous record of delivering small to medium Electrical projects (Commercial, Industrial, pharma, data centre type projects)
- Commercial Awareness
- Capability of walking down electrical systems to ensure compliance with specification
- Experience developing technical queries and submittals, completing technical reviews and assessments.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures knowledge of the team, their strengths, and weaknesses
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Leads and influences others
- Innovates and leads in electrical/technical activity and challenges
- Plans and effectively manages packages on a project
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Is process driven and focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
- Mentor and Coach to graduate engineers