Environmental, Health & Safety Lead
AA Euro Recruitment Group
Our Client a leading Tier 1 Contractor in London are looking for an Environmental lead to lead and develop their Environmental Management System, striving for best-in-class Environmental arrangements to deliver to normative and contractual requirements, and support operational excellence. Provide clear leadership and vision and motivate the team to achieve excellence. Monitor and report on the performance of the Environmental Management System and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
Role will be based in central London but will also be responsible in overseeing other UK Projects,
• Knowledge and practical experience of developing, implementing, and improving the EMS certified to BS EN ISO 14001 accreditation
• Developing and implementing environmental design compliance procedures, and reporting.
• Providing leadership for environmental design solutions and ensure environmental issues and constraints are key considerations in project design.
• Working collaboratively with technical specialists including engineers, construction experts, architects and environmental specialists to achieve world class integrated designs and develop appropriate and cost balanced mitigation strategies and solutions.
• Developing the approach to environmental management delivery including the identification and control of environmental aspects and impacts.
• Developing the approach to compliance and the evaluation of compliance with all environmental consents and the Employer`s environmental requirements.
• Developing and delivering environmental training, behavioral and performance management.
• Monitoring, review and continual improvement of the Environmental Management Plan and its requirements.
• Managing environmental non-conformities and complaints
• Produce Monthly Environmental Performance metric-based reports, which monitors the following performance indicators, some of which are linked to our Environmental Objectives.
• Report directly to Managing Director and functionally to the Environmental and Quality Director
• To advise and support the Project the Project Managers on aspect related to the Environmental Management System, particularly in preparation and application of the Environmental Plan for UK projects.
• To Control the operation of the Environmental Management System on the UK projects and in the branches.
• To conduct the internal Environmental audits commissioned by the Environmental and Quality Director.
• To cooperate with external auditors and support them in system evaluation.
Bachelor`s degree/MSc (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental discipline
• Membership to a relevant professional organisation (preferably chartered environmentalist status or working towards)
• Track record of managing environmental assessment and design on large or complex infrastructure/engineering projects
• Knowledge of relevant UK Environment legislation and current best practice guidance;
• Experience in materials, energy and carbon management
• Experience in managing sustainability assessments, rating and awards schemes for major infrastructure projects in urban environments (such as BREEAM)
• Experience in working with consents managers community, stakeholder and public relations managers