Environmental Scientist – Cork
AA Euro Recruitment Group
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by one of Ireland`s largest multi-disciplinary consultancies to recruit Environmental Scientists to join their team in either their Cork office, Dublin or Carlow Offices.
The ideal candidate will have worked a minimum of 4 years in a similar type position with a similar type consultancy previously.
- Work within a project team reporting to the Project Director, as well as leading individual projects as Project Manager
- Coordination and project management of Environmental Impact Assessments, Strategic Environmental Assessments, Appropriate Assessments, planning application documentation and other environmental reports
- Provide environmental technical assistance to the business
- Actively participate in the delivery of business development initiatives
- Coordinate and manage the implementation of regulatory approvals
- A degree qualification (BSc or similar) in a relevant environmental science subject with an EIA component which includes practical experience.
- Familiar with relevant Irish and European planning and environmental legislation e.g. EIA Directive and transposing Regulations.
- Knowledge of the SEA Directive is desirable.
- Experience in sustainability and its application in project development.
- Knowledge of the Habitats Directive and AA process is desirable.
- Excellent organisational and coordinating skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Experienced in using GIS/ mapping systems.
- A hard working and highly motivated individual – client focused with good interpersonal skills and team approach.
- Full clean driving licence and access to their own vehicle.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to record data efficiently and methodically.
For more info please contact Darren on 085 866 5682 or send your CV directly to [email protected]