AA Euro Recruitment Group
Euro Executive are working with a leading Pharmaceutical Multinational to recruit an Italian Financial Controller based in Cork. The client is a globally recognised organisation, offering career development both in Ireland and abroad. The role of the Financial Controller is to recognise, exemplify and adhere to the company values which centre on our commitment to People, Excellence and Compliance. As a key member of staff, the Financial Controller is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of compliance and continuous improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting customer/stakeholder needs.
Ownership and Accountability for delivering accurate, robust and timely US GAAP and Local Italian Financial Statements, validated through regular internal and external audits.
- Governance and accountability for journal voucher review, account reconciliation review, and intercompany processes.
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual US GAAP trial balance review process through analysis and insight of the underlying business in the respective affiliates/hub, incorporating in the preparation and presentation of monthly Trial Balance to Senior Finance leadership
- Influence and lead strong control environment and robust compliance
- Partner with Hub/Affiliate CFO on local statutory requirements and reporting and tax matters to ensure accurate and holistic financial statements
- Act as advisor/subject matter expert on complex accounting treatments on US GAAP and Italian GAAP and policy/procedures interpretation
Build Relationships with key stakeholders across the Company to develop business acumen, commercial awareness across a broad base of business and act as a strategic business partner:
- Hub/Affiliate Finance Director and Teams.
- Global Business Solution Centre (GBS) Leadership and Teams.
- Affiliate Business Leadership and Teams.
- Corporate Financial Reporting (CFR) and European Controller.
- Other Corporate Functions: Tax, Treasury, Manufacturing, LRL, HR and Compliance.
Influence and Drive Process Improvement and Efficiency across the Hub/Affiliate and SSC.
- Act as the Affiliate/Hub Advocate for governing SSC performance including Service Level Agreements (SLAs), metrics and measures.
- Focus SSC on operational excellence and continuous improvements.
- Partner with the Global Process Owners to drive business process re-engineering and process standardisation.
- Leading the communication of financial information to all non-financial stakeholders.
Influence and Co-ordinate the integration of local, regional and corporate initiatives.
Partner with Hub/Affiliate Finance Director to design and maintain appropriate, right sized resourcing levels to provide Optimum Financial Services and Solutions.
- Succession Planning.
- People Business Continuity Planning ensuring continuous and consistent service delivery (incl. training, transition management).
- Provide technical training, coaching, mentoring for Hub/Affiliate staff, SSC.
Active contributor to the broader Controller community.
- Lead a team of tax and accounting professionals
- Be able to take charge of, inspire and influence a team
- Actively connect with your people and champion employee engagement
- Develop top talent by participating in regular succession planning and having robust performance /coaching conversations.
- Work as part of the senior management team to make the GBS a great place to work for all employees.
Create, Promote and Maintain Operational Excellence
- Actively work in partnership with various cross-functional stakeholders (internally & externally) to maintain effective relationships and ensuring efficient and compliant processes.
- Ensure the culture of compliance is reinforced continuously within the team.
- Continuously look for and or lead where possible continuous improvement initiatives including standardization and/or re-engineering of processes and controls.
- Drive for results and ensure best practices are in place to achieve highest standards within daily operations.
- Drive cross-functional projects where opportunity arises.
- Demonstrate excellent project management abilities and strong understanding of financial systems.
- Support organizational changes.
- Analyse and translate data into key strategic inputs and insights to drive decision making.
- Proven ability to work on high level value-add ad hoc projects while continuing to achieve routine goals
Experience & Skills
- Qualified Chartered/ Public Accountant (Dottore Commercialista) – Preferably Big 4 Trained with a minimum of 5 years post qualified. GAAP/IFRS accounting standards knowledge.
- Controllership experience matured in Multinational Companies is an advantage
- Extensive Local Italian financial reporting and Tax experience
- Masters Degree or MBA qualification is desirable.
- Attentive to details to ensure compliance and accurate reporting.
- Italian native Language
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and analysing multiple entities with the ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands
- Strong organizational and multitasking capabilities
- Self-motivated professional with excellent customer service and strong working/team building relationship skills
- Proven strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to build effective networks across functions, organisations, job levels and geographies.
- Self-motivated, with a passion for continuous improvement
- Demonstrates good judgment and problem solving orientation
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to achieve result through people, directly and indirectly
- Strong People Management & Leadership Skills
- Flexibility in adapting to a non-routine and fast paced environment.
- High self-awareness and ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment, strong communicating skills essential.
- Systems Experience (SAP/Oracle) is an advantage
- Significant travel expected.
Please contact David Glavin on +353 21 206 6078 or +353 85 862 1542 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence. Also note, CVs will not be forwarded to our clients without prior formal consent.