AA Euro Recruitment Group
Euro Executive recruitment are working with one of Irelands well known construction & civil engineering companies to place an experienced Financial Controller / Finance Manager reporting to the CFO in their Cork offices. The Financial Controller is responsible for the preparation of management & statutory reporting and the maintenance of and improvement to the financial systems and processes. The Financial Controller needs to develop strong relationships with managers of the various functions across the business in Ireland and the UK to ensure they understand business needs and provide relevant reporting to support decision making.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Management, training and development of three Accounts Assistants.
- Management reporting including analysis of overheads, debtors/creditors, retentions, capital spend, cashflow, bonding.
- Ensure all financial reporting and taxation compliance requirements are met in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. This includes UK and Ireland VAT returns, RCT returns and VIES returns.
- Deliver job cost reports to commercial directors monthly. Maintain an efficient process around the delivery of these reports.
- Treasury management including liaison with main banks.
- Preparation of year-end financial statements and supporting workpapers.
- Coordination and delivery of the annual external audit, which involves acting as liaison and building strong relationship with the auditors. Ensure open communication with issues discussed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Stay up to date on accounting standards and tax legislation; keep CEO briefed of the impact of incoming changes on a no surprises basis.
- Preparation of technical accounting and tax memos where required.
- Ensure appropriate policies, processes and procedures are in place.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the capabilities of current accounting system and ensure that they are administered effectively and are operating efficiently.
- Drive process innovation and improvement in the finance function. Promote continuous challenging of processes to ensure most efficient practice is adopted.
- Provide support to the business in a proactive manner promote robust, open and productive relationships.
- Instigate and drive forward various overhead cost/process review initiatives as appropriate.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience in construction industry preferred
- Good technical accounting knowledge
- Familiarity with VAT, CT, RCT and CIS
- Strong drive to continuously improve systems, processes and self
- Ability to build excellent working relationships with a wide range of people
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proactive with strong problem-solving ability
- Exceptional time management
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with different IT systems
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
SALARY & BENEFITS
There is a market leading salary and car on offer for the successful candidate.
To apply, please call David Glavin on +353 21 206 6078 or +353 85 8621542 or send your CV to email@example.com. We can also arrange a Skype call at a time & date that is convenient to you.