AA Euro Recruitment Group
Euro Executive recruitment is working with one of Europe`s well known technical construction & civil engineering companies to place an experienced Financial Controller in Schiphol. The focus for this role is to support the rapidly expanding business in the Netherlands. Reporting into the Group Finance Director, this role will undertake all aspects of Financial Management for the Netherlands business expanding the development of internal control policies and procedures. Operating as a Business Partner to the Chief Operating Officer in the Netherlands, the Commercial Team in the Netherlands and Leadership Team within the Group, the Financial Controller Netherlands will consider and interpret management and financial information to drive outstanding business performance, and ensure the group is well-positioned for continued sustainable growth in Europe.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Lead the annual budgeting process, business preparing budgets and undertaking forecast preparations.
- Prepare and publish monthly financial statements on a timely basis and to a high standard.
- Lead regular budget reviews, tracking actual vs target performance and ensuring remedial action is taken where necessary.
- Provide analytical support for investment decisions, preparing business case documentation and presentations as required.
- Reconcile the Financial Ledger, managing cashflow, authorising all invoices, ensuring approval by the Chief Operating Officer/Group Financial Director for those over a particular value.
- Ensure internal control policies are in place. Managing the Business Expense System, including fuel cards.
- Lead the thinking on risk management, building risk considerations into business processes.
- Research technical accounting issues of compliance including tax, intercompany accounting and reconciliations.
- Support preparation for financial audits ensuring any resulting recommendations are acted upon promptly.
- Manage and comply with statutory reporting requirements and tax filing.
- Continuously seek opportunities for process improvement
- Act as a key point of contact regarding financial matters between European entities and executives within the Group.
- Support the Group Finance Director on strategic project activity at group level.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Qualified Accountant
- Fluent Dutch and English language (or competent business-level)
- Considerable Financial Controller or similar experience across Accounting and Finance
- Desirable sector experience within Heavy Industry/Long-term/Short-term Contracting/Design Engineering/Built Environment/Construction/Project Management/Manufacturing/Logistics (multi-site)
- Experience working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment – understands dynamics of family-run business
- Experience creating financial statements, general ledger functions and month end/year end close process
- Experience of growing companies where costs need to be controlled in line with growth
- Exceptional IT skills, proficient in the use of project/construction accounting software, financial reporting applications, spread sheets and databases ERP implantation skills would be highly advantageous
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
SALARY & BENEFITS
There is a market leading package on offer for the successful candidate.
To apply, please call David Glavin on +353 85 8621542 or send your CV to [email protected].