General Accounting Analyst
AA Euro Recruitment Group
Euro Executive has been retained by a leading Pharmaceutical Multinational to recruit a Financial Analyst based in Cork. The client is a globally recognised organisation, offering career development both in Ireland and abroad. The role of a GA Analyst is to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the month end closing & related General Accounting activities throughout the EMEA region. This requires strict adherence to company policies while working closely with the European affiliates.
- Be a “go-to” information resource for all GA related queries with full ownership for the Cash in Transit, Prepaid, & Accruals on the Balance Sheet
- Work closely with local affiliate finance organization to understand current activities at the affiliate & ensure these are properly reflected in the financial statements. This includes preparing accounting entries as well as reviewing locally prepared accounting entries to ensure accuracy & completeness of entries as well as appropriateness of backup.
- Develop and manage monthly trial balance package for small/medium/large size affiliates including fluctuation analysis
- Ensure adherence to the standard month/quarter/year end timelines & coordinate the various contributing teams to facilitate this, e.g. BPO, affiliate finance, CFR
- Ensure governance of, as well as support for, the external BPO team, regarding the quality and timeliness of accounting entries, clearing activities, ICO processing.
- Prepare/Review/Approve account reconciliations in accordance with internal reconciliation methodology
- Review key GA metrics & communicate to stakeholders to ensure key deliverables are being met whilst identifying and implementing initiatives to improve.
- Support global/regional GA projects
- Support the overall GA team by demonstrating flexibility in providing cover for team members and training of new team members
- 2 years experience in Finance function or public accounting practice, preferably with in-depth knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS technical accounting
- Accounting / Finance degree (Undergraduate or Masters as required for certification)
- CPA, CIMA, ACCA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- Fluency in English
- Experience with SAP GA Module, Business Warehouse or Business Objects
- MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle complexity and utilize analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to proactively & effectively analyse & resolve problems
- Ability to effectively prioritize and complete key tasks and deliverables whilst demonstrating full ownership & accountability
- Ability to respond flexibly and empathetically to customer needs, managing their expectations effectively
- Ability to work in global team environment & communicate effectively with internal business partners of all levels & disciplines, as well as external Business Process Outsourced organisation team members
Salary & Benefits:
There is a market leading salary on offer and a full benefits package available, including a bonus, healthcare, and pension. You will be working with a company that prides itself on both the personal and professional development of their staff, with fantastic career opportunities available.
Please contact David Glavin on +353 21 206 6078 or +353 85 862 1542 or email email@example.com.
All Applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence. Also note, CVs will not be forwarded to our clients without prior formal consent.