Group Financial Controller
AA Euro Recruitment Group
AA Euro Group are working with one of Irelands well known construction & civil engineering companies to place an experienced Group Financial Controller reporting directly to the CEO in their Cork offices. The Group Financial Controller is responsible for management & statutory accounts reporting and the maintenance of and improvement to the financial policies, systems and processes. The Financial Controller will need to develop strong relationships with managers of the various functions across the business in Ireland and the UK to ensure they understand business needs and provide relevant reporting to support decision making. The Group Financial Controller will have oversight of a team of seven (with 6 of those reporting through the Group Accounts Manager).
- Providing Company Shareholders and Directors with accurate financial information, management accounts and data analysis to effectively manage the business operations.
- Working with and management of the Finance Manager and Finance Team to ensure timely financial reporting of actual results, budgets and forecasts to senior management and directors.
- Ensure that the Finance team are working in an effective manner, meeting business needs and working to established best practice policy and procedures.
- Financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting including analysis of overheads, debtors/creditors, retentions, capital spend, cashflow, bonding.
- Ensure all financial reporting, returns and taxation compliance requirements are met in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. This includes UK and Ireland VAT returns, RCT returns, VIES returns and Payroll matters.
- Deliver job cost reports to commercial directors monthly. Actively participate in the review of these reports and maintain an efficient process around their production and delivery.
- Responsible for the management of cash flow and forecasting on a month by month basis to optimise and maintain Group requirements.
- Treasury management including liaison with banks.
- Preparation of management accounts for the companies within the group as required.
- Preparation of year-end financial statements and supporting workpapers.
- Coordination and delivery of the annual external audit, which involves acting as liaison and building strong relationship with internal and external auditors. Ensure open communication with issues discussed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Stay up to date on accounting standards and tax legislation; keep CEO briefed of the impact of incoming changes on a no surprises basis.
- Preparation of technical accounting and tax memos where required.
- Ensure appropriate policies, processes and procedures are in place.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the capabilities of current accounting system and ensure that they are administered effectively and are operating efficiently.
- Drive process innovation and improvement in the finance function. Promote continuous challenging of processes to ensure most efficient practice is adopted.
- Provide support to the business in a proactive manner promote robust, open and productive relationships.
- Instigate and drive forward various overhead cost/process review initiatives as appropriate.
- Overseeing annual insurance, internal controls, debt collection, risk management and staff management
Experience & Skills:
- Qualified Accountant with ideally 10 years post qualification experience
- Experience in construction industry preferred, but not essential.
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting & financial principles, processes and practices
- Familiarity with VAT, CT, RCT and CIS
- Strong leadership, people management and organisational skills
- Strong drive to continuously improve systems, processes and self.
- Ability to build excellent working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proactive with strong problem-solving ability
- Exceptional time management
- Excellent IT & Microsoft Office skills
- Prioritising and managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Enthusiastic and driven to succeed.