Health & Safety Officer
AA Euro Recruitment Group
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit a HSQE Officer/Auditor for a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years recent and relevant experience, an Electrical qualification and relevant Health and Safety qualifications. The chosen candidate will need to be very flexible as the role will be site based over the next 5 years.
- Implementation of the TLI Safety Charter and Life Saving Rules
- Zero Harm Target Home Safe Every Day
- Ensuring the quality of the works meet the Clients Requirements
- Implementing the Stop Register when works are deemed to be unsafe
- Identification of Good Catches and Near Misses reporting in same
- Responsible to the Supervisor for ensuring operational safety in accordance with company policy and safety vision of Everyone Home Safe Every Day
- Ensure the risks and control measures associated with the companys activities are identified and implemented to control them to as low as reasonably possible.
- Ensure accidents and incidents are reported in a timely manner
- Conduct field audits across all TLI projects.
- Conduct joint field audits with Project Management team, Health and Safety Manager and Supervisors as required.
- Carry out remedial action re – deviations found in audits. This may range in briefings to staff on work methods, removal of tools/ equipment from teams, informing the garage of repairs that are required, and follow up to client / other client personnel for work method clarification and notification of particular concerns to Supervisors, Project Management team and Health & Safety Manager.
- Provide technical assistance to Supervisors, Project Management team and Health & Safety Manager.
- Assistance with onsite management of health & safety with site supervisors.
- Liaison with team / other Client safety personnel on various technical issues including: training on work methods, clarification on any aspect of works etc.
- Review of paperwork submitted by work crews.
- Visit work sites to conduct a risk assessment prior to work taking place where a particular hazard(s) has been identified by a Planner. This may also involve being present during the works to monitor and assist in the control of identified hazards.
- Audit first aid box contents, the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment and other such elements on site as required.
- Attendance and active participation at Supervisor meetings, Health & Safety Committee meetings and SSE monthly meetings or other client meetings as required.
- Preparation of Health & Safety Plans, risk assessments and method statements for projects as required.
- Participation in TLI office, garage and yard auditing. This includes general auditing and fire safety auditing.
- Involvement in the delivery of new employee or sub contractor inductions.
- Inputting and maintenance of records.
- Preparation and delivery of training.
- Ongoing promotion of H&S culture and safe working practices.
- Research health and safety topics as required by Health and Safety Manager and management team.
- Statistical analysis of health & safety statistics, i.e. near misses, audit findings, accident history etc. and presentation of findings.
- Filing of project paperwork as required.
- Be a contact point for dealing with hazards, accidents or incidents.
- Assistance with accident investigations including the production of subsequent reports and recommendations.
- Reviewing safe installation and usage of all equipment.
- Any other administrative and H&S duties relating to the H&S department as they may occur – including but not limited to: preparation of TLI books; updating of TLI Safety Statement and other safety documentation; updating of TLI emergency procedures; design of safety audit sheet; preparation and delivery of MS Powerpoint presentations for TLI annual health and safety day; safety surveys; design and ordering of safety signage etc.
- QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate Craft (or equivalent) Electrical qualification is required to carry out your role
- Relevant qualification in Health and Safety
- Manual Handling
- 2-5 Years recent & relevant experience
- Risk Assessing
- Health and Safety investigations
- HASAW Act
- Working within HSE within Construction & Electrical
- Commercially astute
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
- Committed to TLI Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity
- Positive and flexible approach
- Open to innovation and collaboration
- Right first-time approach
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead.
- Strong personality and professional attitude
- First Aid – Occupational
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
Contact Owen Twomey on 085 866 9484, alternatively email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org