Junior Commissioning Engineer
AA Euro Recruitment Group
Junior Commissioning Engineer
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Junior Commissioning Engineer for a leading manufacturing company based in Killarney, Co. Kerry. The ideal candidate will have completed a trade qualification as an Electrician and will report to the Commissioning Project Manager. There will be a significant amount of travel with this role up to 80%.
The successful candidate will train in all aspects associated with the Commissioning of company products. The products manufactured have high capital value and include electrical equipment for distribution, PLCs, controller drives and IT technology. This role will require a self-motivated individual who wants to progress their development and career with LCC.
You will train in the full spectrum of Electrical and Electronic engineering disciplines. This role will require regular travel to sites overseas
The ideal candidate will have completed a trade qualification as an Electrician. Although not essential it is an advantage to have on site experience. The candidate will be highly motivated with a drive for self-development through both experience and further education. You can show previous experience of delivering on deadlines while still meeting quality standards. A strong team player is required with excellent communication skills and a proven ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Acting as company representative when on site as a member of the site/commissioning team.
- Become familiar with customer requirements as well as company component specifications in conjunction with projects and other departments
- Checking and update of drawings and software from external suppliers (e.g. COB), both pre in-house testing and on project completion
- Provide feedback to COB and Electrical Design department on all aspects of systems both during and post project completion
- Bench testing and verification of new systems and devices prior to installation.
- Commissioning of products in-house and after installation on site
- Commissioning, testing and handover of the equipment
- Testing and completion of handover documentation and formalities on project completion
- Preparation and delivery of technical reports on project/job completion
- Supported Commissioning work to include:
- Start-up, verification and optimization of hardware systems
- Calibration of Variable Speed Inverter drives up to 1Mw
- Testing, Verification and revision of PLC Software systems.
- Training of Customer personnel both on site and in house.
- Handover and performance testing of completed machines
- Verification of machine reliability and performance.
Qualifications Requirements and Experience
- An Electrical Trade Qualification or equivalent
- Good evidence of delivering results in a fast paced operational setting
- Site experience is an advantage
What can we offer you?
- If successful you will receive a minimum of 6 weeks technical, classroom, based training
- You will receive on site mentoring and coaching from an experienced Commissioning Engineer
- You will have specific training plans laid out for you by the Commissioning Manager which will include phased steps in reaching the level of a fully responsible Commissioning Engineer over a period of time
Contact Owen Twomey on 085 866 9484, alternatively email your CV to email@example.com