AA Euro Recruitment Group
Mechanical Engineer Kildare
Euro Executive Recruitment have been retained by one of Irelands leading M&E contractors, who are currently seeking to hire a Mechanical Engineer for a large scale manufacturing build in Co Kildare. The ideal candidate will have minimum 3 years experience with a Mechanical contractor.
- To support the engineering requirements through managing & liaising with Key Project Stakeholders (Client design team, Main contractor, Suppliers, Sub-contractors, etc).
- Familiarisation of Design/IFC specifications and drawings to fully understand the scope of the Project works.
- Overseeing the Co-ordination process to transform design information into full installation drawings by BIM personnel ensuring spec compliance and as per schedule priority.
- Assessment of Sub-contract and Supplier Tender returns for Technical compliance with design intent specifications.
- Familiarisation with the Project schedule and ensuring Engineering activities do not impact on same (e.g. Procurement, etc).
- Management of the technical submittal, approvals
- Management of the material procurement utilising Engineering Materials Report (EMR) by producing material take offs identifying the lead in periods and field need rates
- Ensure Works are installed in accordance with Project specifications and to the Project QA plan (for e.g. pre-agreed benchmarking).
- Management of Sub-contractors and ensuring adequate information flow to ensure works progress in line with the Project Schedule and Weekly Meeting logged.
- Evaluate and promote the use of new engineering practices and processes to enhance delivery time of the project.
- Preparation and agreeing project completion criteria and close out documents.
- Preparing Sub-contract and Supplier Tender Packages in conjunction with Project QS.
- Manage the Work packs process from development, implementation and handover
- Manage BIM priorities i.e. isometrics generation and release
- Minimum 3 years experience working with a recognised Mechanical/Electrical contractor in process mechanical / pipework
- Excellent organizational and project planning skills
- Report to the Project Manager on project progress, risks and issues
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience working on Building Services or Data Centre projects advantage
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficient in use of Navisworks and Database systems related to Engineering functions
- Familiar with Project /Primavera planning software and CAD/BIM process
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of modularisation (Off-Site fabrication) desirable but not essential
For more information on this role, please contact Ciaran Sheehan on 085 862 1731 or email your CV in confidence to email@example.com <