Mechanical Engineer – Cork
AA Euro Recruitment Group
AA Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by a leading Mechanical Contractor client, to recruit a Junior Mechanical Engineer, to be based on a large-scale pharmaceutical project in Cork.
This is a permanent position with our Client, who have a vast amount of upcoming projects / works in the pipeline nationwide.
- To support the engineering requirements through managing & Liaising with Key Project Stakeholders (Client design team, Main contractor, Suppliers, Sub-contractors, etc).
- Familiarisation of Design/IFC specifications and drawings to fully understand the scope of the Project works.
- Overseeing the Co-ordination process to transform design information into full installation drawings by BIM personnel ensuring spec compliance and as per schedule priority.
- Familiarisation with the Project schedule and ensuring engineering activities do not impact on same
- Management and coordination of the technical submittals, approvals
- Ensure works are installed in accordance with project specifications and to the Project QA plan (for e.g. pre-agreed benchmarking).
- Liaising with sub-contractors and ensuring adequate information flow to ensure works progress in line with the project schedule
- Attending weekly meetings
- Evaluate and promote the use of new engineering practices and processes to enhance delivery time of the project.
- Preparation and agreeing project completion criteria and close out documents.
- Preparing sub-contract and supplier tender packages in conjunction with Project QS.
- Manage the work packs process from development, implementation and handover
- 1 – 3 years experience working with a recognised Mechanical/Electrical contractor
- Excellent organizational and project planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficient in use of Navisworks and Database systems related to Engineering functions
- Familiar with Project /Primavera planning software and CAD/BIM process
- Good knowledge piping / mechanical pipework
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
Please contact Conal Lane on 085 867 1980 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org