Mechanical Project Manager
AA Euro Recruitment Group
Mechanical Project Manager | Galway
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by one of Irelands leading contractors to recruit a Mechanical Project Manager to cover this clients operations in Galway.
This a great opportunity working with an internationally established contractor working on a number of large Industrial and Pharmaceutical projects in Galway. The successful candidate will achieve a strong salary for this role.
Mechanical Project Manager | Connacht (Pharma/Piping/HVAC Exp.)
- Permanent position in the West with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of leading edge engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from our Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
As Mechanical Project Manager (Piping / HVAC experienced ideally) you will be responsible for a number of construction projects across the company`s mechanical business unit based in Galway/Connacht. As a Mechanical Project Manager you will plan, organise, lead, coordinate and control all activities concerned with the construction of Mechanical Piping/HVAC Projects.
The Mechanical Project Manager participates in the conceptual development of an engineering construction project and leads its organization, scheduling and implementation. He/she is the key point of contact with the client and builds and creates strong, assertive and positive relationships. They ensure that the site meets and exceeds environmental, health and safety standards. They ensure a quality focus and quality outcomes so that the companys vision, mission & values are fulfilled.
Mechanical Project Manager Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project (Pharmaceutical, Clean Room, Life Sciences, Laboratories etc.) around the Galway/Connacht area.
- Arrange and chair handover of project from estimating department to construction team
- Liaise with OM in staffing of project
- Validate project and in doing so develop business plan, cost control system, cashflow and billable schedules, etc.
- As Project Manager (Mechanical biased) you will be tasked with producing procurement plan, drawing / design plan, construction programme, s-curve and histograms
- Liaise with client and design team on procurement and engineering issues
- Develop project safety and quality plans
- Mobilise sub-contractors and labour in accordance with business plan
- Mobilise site establishment
Project Running Phase:
- Agree a training plan for staff and operatives particular to your site in conjunction with the OM
- Manage your site team in the effective day to day running of site activities
- Ensure compliance with programme, materials deliveries and engineering, quality and safety issues
- Attend meetings with Clients
- Hold weekly progress meetings with sub-contractors and ensure that safety and training are discussed
- Ensure effective cost and sales control in conjunction with Q.S
- Advise client in good time of current sales plan
- Ensure productivity at work place is measured on a weekly basis also maintain project progress control
- Submit monthly internal reports to the OM
- Ensure testing and commissioning is carried out in accordance with the Quality Plan
- Ensure final design audit (if applicable) is carried out by the EM
- Complete and certify all life systems in good time for handover date
- Ensure all systems are demonstrated to Client and District Surveyor
- Handover O&M manual and record drawings
- Prepare final account with the QS, submit and agree with client in line with company objective
- Demobilise site team and establishment in conjunction with the OM
- Produce a project close-out report and submit to the OM
- Archive project
- Maintain contact with client for warranty period and thereafter when retention monies are collected
- Maintain a site / day book
- Attend and participate in monthly project managers meetings
- Develop your skills in line with agreed training plan
- From a strategic aspect, as a Mechanical Project Manager you will always be looking to put forward idea for continuous improvement of the company .
- Maintain contact with your client base
- Maintain excellent working relationships with the client from project start up to project completion
Necessary requirement of the Mechanical Project Manager
- Building Services Engineer / Mechanical Engineer or Senior Trades qualification or equivalent
- Significant Project management experience 10 years+.
- Previous record of delivering small to medium mechanical pharmaceutical or similar sector projects (Healthcare, Semiconductor, Brewery, Distillery etc.)
- Pre-commissioning & system turnover experience
- Piping and building services experience
- Commercial Awareness
- Experience in Process Piping, BMS Systems, HVAC, Clean & Dirty Utilities Piping, is essential.
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Drives for results
- Leads and influences others.
- Identifies and achieves commercial value.
- Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
Contact Liam Howard on 021-2066078 or email firstname.lastname@example.org