Non Destructive Testing ( NDT ) Co-Ordinator
AA Euro Recruitment Group
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit an NDT Coordinator for a leading manufacturing company based in Killarney, Co. Kerry. The chosen candidate will be employed within the Quality Department and shall report on a day by day basis to the QC Leader. The employee will be required to attain and maintain an appropriate standard of independent certification to become competent to carry out non-destructive testing, initially in Magnetic Particle inspection techniques and subsequently in the more advanced Ultrasonic inspection techniques.
The current certification requirement is ISO9712 & American Society for Non-destructive Testing (ASNT), Level II. Further training and certification may be required if alternative non-destructive testing techniques are introduced to the company e.g. Eddie Current testing techniques, etc.
Key Elements of the Role
Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with the Production Foremen & Chargehands to understand the priorities & coordinate the activities of the NDT team members & outside contractors,
- Work closely with Design team & Welding Engineer to optimise our ways of working,
- Conduct NDT as necessary on company products and processes; undertake training as necessary for new and existing equipment, processes etc.
- Maintain and preserve the NDT equipment and processes.
- Organise NDT activities including the preparation before and after testing.
- Prepare NDT reports in a timely and professional manner using appropriate company equipment e.g. computers, digital cameras, NDT equipment.
- Make use of computer based systems including CAD, BAAN, LIKV, LIDA systems available within LCC and other software packages e.g. E-mail, Word, Excel.
- Liaise and communicate with personnel and departments within LCC and any external companies as may be necessary from time to time.
- Investigate quality / production issues in a professional and diligent manner.
- Strive to drive continuous improvement in LCC, support and develop quality management systems and support the certifications held by LCC (ISO9001, ISO3834-2, EN1090 etc.).
- Support and assist the other quality engineers and inspectors in the course of their duties as necessary.
- Keep records of work and control inspections carried out including new records which may be introduced as necessary to demonstrate product quality, quality control and completion of inspections.
- Cooperate in the management of welding activities throughout the company, carry out or assist in welder certification and testing, monitor the quality of welding on a continuous basis and report findings to both production and management personnel as necessary.
- Carry out weld testing using whatever means are necessary or required e.g. visual examination, leak testing using air pressure etc. and other duties may be necessary from time to time as directed by management or supervisors.
- Assist other control inspectors or carry out other quality department functions. This situation could arise through absences on vacation, illness or business of other quality control personnel.
- Ad-hoc onsite customer problem investigation, and supplier assistance and monitoring.
- Training and research of new equipment and processes, which may involve travel.
- Any other duties as directed by management.
Qualifications and Experience
- A third level qualification, suitable trade, in a relevant discipline or suitable experience.
- Strong organizational, planning, problem solving and reporting skills.
- Previous experience in monitoring performance standards including feedback to individuals is advantageous.
- Limited travel worldwide, to support clients, knowledge gathering and training.
- Shift work may be required as directed by the company needs.
Contact Owen Twomey on 085 866 9484, alternatively email your CV to email@example.com