AA Euro Recruitment Group
AA Euro Executive has been retained to recruit an Operations Director for our Cork based Manufacturing client. This client is one of Ireland`s most recognisable brands whose products are sold globally.
The Operations Director will have primary responsibility for the successful and efficient operations of our client`s manufacturing/ production plant close to Cork City. This plant currently runs on a single shift, Monday to Friday.
The Operations Director reports directly to the Managing Director and is expected the work as an integral part of the senior management team.
Excellent salary on offer, plus Electric Vehicle, Family Healthcare, Pension and performance bonus.
- Proactively work as part of the Senior Management Team to develop and implement innovative solutions/strategy which will deliver optimised output without compromising quality.
- Directly lead the team consisting of production, maintenance, warehouses, despatch, purchasing, quality, health & safety in a BRC environment
- Take ownership of Operational P&L and OpEx budget.
- Create and implement best practice manufacturing strategies, policies, processes, and procedures
- Maintain a positive and healthy work environment, as well as manage and motivate the team members
- Monitor, assess and continually challenge KPIs and where appropriate implement timely corrective and improvement actions.
- Champion operational excellence and identify and implement process and systems improvements to technology, culture, capability and operating systems to deliver a best practice and reliable operation
- Develop and accurately monitor / report on manufacturing performance using appropriate measurement tools
- Manage relationships with external vendors to improve and enhance the supply chain
- Manage procurement processes, coordinate material and resources allocation, while negotiating best price and service to suit the company requirements
- Actively lead an EHS culture; ensuring that personnel adhere to safe work practices & standard operating procedures; ensuring safe, compliant, efficient, and effective operation of the factory
- Develop the appropriate factory resource plans to support the business objectives
- Deal with HR union and other operational issues as required
- Promote and maintain a progressive industrial relations working environment in line with employment legislation, health & safety and other relevant company programs
- Ensure conformity to all relevant regulations
- In conjunction with other functions, participate in the development and execution of the overall business strategy.
- Liaise with customers, internal departments and suppliers to promote successful partnership and exceptional customer service
Qualifications and Experience;
- Operational leadership experience within a team-based manufacturing environment, minimum of five years relevant experience.
- Experience of recommending and managing capital projects to sustain and grow the business.
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong initiative / self-starter
- A collaborative and open leadership style.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) at all levels.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance / operation metrics.
- Demonstrated abilities in business improvement, problem solving, creative thinking and project management.
- Familiarity with MS Office and other business software.