AA Euro Recruitment Group
Junior Product Manager
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Junior Product Manager for a leading manufacturing company based in Killarney, Co. Kerry. The chosen candidate who will report directly to the Department Head, will be assigned to various projects as they arise, and will be involved in product program planning, including the product management roadmap. As part of the Product Management team the employee will liaise / work closely with those responsible for other specific company disciplines. The position requires that from time to time business travel within Ireland and overseas be undertaken, the duration and location being defined by the nature of the project and the specific task.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter whose disciplined approach to problem solving with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively ensures timely delivery of project milestones. The person will be highly motivated, thorough and dependable, managing multiple tasks simultaneously. Ideally a person with prior experience in technical roles or product management is preferred with a basic knowledge of both electrical and mechanical systems. You must have strong people skills with good communication and presentation techniques. Using your technical skills and previous experience, you will be an integral member of a product management team required to deliver projects within allocated timeframes. You will also be involved in client relationships and enhance the company brand through the delivery of a highly professional client experience.
Key Elements of the Role:
- Conducting market and competition analysis to derive opportunities with a clear focus on the market, ensuring an understanding to a technical level.
- Communication with customers on related matters.
- Assess competition by comparing products and cost.
- Analyse upcoming trends and product technologies.
- Collect input from multiple sources for development of product solutions.
- Prioritize product opportunities.
- Liaise with other client companies as well as internal departments including Engineering, Design, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Customer Service etc.
- Establish product requirements and features. Produce high-level product requirements to iterate with design and engineering teams.
- Assist in the development of the product management process.
- Review and analysis of existing products and Product Lifecycles.
- Project management support and project control administration.
- Costing and Financial evaluations.
- Liaise with existing / potential suppliers or technology providers.
- Establishing market strategies when launching a new product or feature.
- Attending meetings as required ensuring accurate recording of meeting minutes.
- Preparation of reports and presentations, establishing and monitoring KPIs.
Qualifications & Experience
- A third level qualification in a relevant discipline (Engineering or Technical is preferred).
- Self-motivated with management capabilities
- Previous experience in product management is preferred
- Proven track record of working with designers, engineers and various stakeholders to coordinate, plan, execute, and track product releases
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Highly organised with excellent planning abilities
- Microsoft Office experience across Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience required
Contact Owen Twomey on 085 866 9484, alternatively email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org