Purchaser/Buyer – Construction
AA Euro Recruitment Group
Euro Executive Recruitment is working with a market leading Construction Group in Cork to recruit a Purchaser / Buyer. The key objective of the Purchaser / Buyer will be to support the overall business, with all associated buying administration & act as a point of contact for same.
- Support the business needs with all administration requirements.
- Point of contact for both supplier, and all internal purchasing queries.
- Liaise with Site Foremen across several construction sites, throughout the day to ascertain their supply needs and act accordingly.
- Raise purchase orders as required, and ensure they are received by appropriate suppliers.
- Follow up on order delays & errors, to find a solution and prevent recurring issues.
- Promptly resolve AP queries and make amendments to POs as necessary.
- Assemble pricing packages from various suppliers for comparative purposes
- Negotiate rates and pricing blocks with key suppliers as required
- Work with the Directors and Contracts Manager , to ascertain future site requirements and take actions to avoid potential interruptions to supply chain
- Maintain an up to date pricing library
- Data entry of new suppliers & products to system
- Support the Directors and Contracts Manager providing info on certified products new to the market
- Maintain and develop strong working relationship with suppliers
Experience & Skills
- Detail oriented individual with effective time management skills, who will take accountability for their role.
- Must demonstrate ability to work on their own initiative and be able to prioritise in a fast paced environment.
- Will have experience in a similar role, excellent spoken and written English, good knowledge/experience of COINS and Microsoft Excel.
- Construction industry experience a distinct advantage.
Please contact Eoin McGreevy for more information on 085 866 9484 or send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org