Senior Procurement Specialist
AA Euro Recruitment Group
Senior Procurement Specialist
Euro Executive Recruitment have been retained by a market leading Irish group to recruit a Senior Procurement Specialist based in their Dublin head office (starting remote with a plan to return to and office / WFH hybrid model). Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Senior Procurement Specialist will manage varied categories of spend on goods and services, to achieve and exceed agreed procurement objectives. They will support the strategy for an efficient, best practice and commercially focused procurement team within public procurement parameters and guide the operational roll out of all procurement process throughout the organisation and to suppliers.
- Manage and maintain annual category plans with key stakeholders and business owners
- Lead sourcing strategy development and execution for various categories of spend, with the goal of achieving significant negotiated savings and year over year cost reductions, while maintaining/improving product quality and supplier service levels where appropriate.
- Responsible for end to end management of tender process Tender Strategy, Invitation to Tender, Contract Management encompassing any clarification and negotiation of commercial matters with suppliers where appropriate.
- Provide procurement advice and guidance to internal stakeholders. Serve as point of expert reference for team of procurement specialists.
- Supplier Relationship Management, undertaking performance meetings, contract reviews and variation management.
- Conduct market analysis and identify where efficiencies can be made.
- Ensure compliance with Procurement Policy and Procedures, national guidelines and EU Public Procurement Directive.
Experience & Skills:
- Ideally will have experience in a public body procurement role.
- Have relevant and technical experience in the specialist area of Procurement and hold or be working towards a professional procurement qualification.
- Have a minimum of 3 years at Procurement Buyer level, or equivalent, and have experience of managing end to end tender process.
- Be commercially aware, self-motivated, and capable of working on their own initiative.
- Have the ability to visualise, articulate, and solve both problems and concepts and make decisions that make sense based on all available information.
- Have a willingness to handle a varied and challenging workload, have excellent data analysis skills, and present accurately and clearly.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
- Be innovative in their approach, assertive and comfortable in being assessed on the basis of achievements and results.
- Have competent PC skills, practical ERP experience essential, preferably JD Edwards.
- Be knowledgeable and have recent and relevant experience in public procurement including Irish and EU Utilities Directive and negotiated procedure.
- Have excellent MS Office skills, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Salary & Benefits:
There is a market leading salary on offer plus bonus & benefits for the successful applicant with one of Irelands best known reputable employers.
To apply, please call David Glavin on +353 21 206 6078 or +353 85 8621542 or send your CV to email@example.com <. We can also arrange a Skype call at a time & date that is convenient to you.