Senior Sustainability Manager
AA Euro Recruitment Group
Senior Sustainability Manager
Dublin West/ Meath
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Senior Sustainability Manager for our international Construction client. This role will be based at our clients Mission Critical project close to the Dublin/ Meath border.
The Senior Sustainability Manager will report into our clients international technology business unit, which is in a period of growth. The business unit delivers Mission Critical projects for clients across Europe and the UK. These clients are striving to be net zero carbon in the coming years. Most projects are aiming for the highest levels of sustainability and green certifications, either LEED platinum or BREEAM outstanding.
The key objective for the Senior Sustainability Manager is to on deliver on end client requirements and to make sure this specific project delivers a sizable contribution towards our clients sustainability targets. Our client has set targets around Corporate Carbon Reduction, Client Carbon Reduction and Biodiversity net gain.
- Promoting innovation, best practice, new ideas and transfer knowledge across the business.
- Ensuring the environmental reporting and compliance requirements are met in the most business efficient manner.
- Supporting work winning through bid support, client liaison, upskilling of colleagues and raising our clients profile externally.
- Upskilling and managing the supply chain.
- Supporting the drive for our client to be a leader in sustainability.
- Be a focal point for technical support and help desk and able to trouble shoot. Translating technical topics into laypersons language and articulate the value of sustainability. Being able to represent our client at relevant forums and through presentations to clients and working groups.
- Championing sustainability and be a leader, encouraging behavioural change throughout the business.
- Driving for business efficiency by working with other internal stakeholders and seeking as appropriate standardizing purchasing processes. This may involve negotiating nation-wide deals with suppliers, and moving the reporting requirements to the suppliers.
- Reporting and compliance dimensions (i.e. waste, materials, carbon and energy, biodiversity, water).
- Interfacing with internal stakeholders and suppliers to negotiate optimal business agreements for common purchasing.
- Running local community initiatives and build key relationships with local stakeholders to ensure the project delivers increases social value i.e. volunteering, school programs and promoting apprentices.
- Excellent communicator with expert knowledge of the implementation of green building accreditation schemes, in particular LEED and BREEAM.
- Qualified as a LEED AP or BREEAM assessor/AP (desirable).
- Experience of leading work winning and writing fee proposals.
- Support the bidding process with strong business acumen
- Possess the ability to translate technical topics into layperson language and articulate the value of sustainability.
- You have strong technical knowledge and experience in one or more relevant sustainability topics (waste, carbon/energy, responsible sourcing, water, biodiversity).
- Knowledge of local environmental legislation in Ireland
Contact Denis Casey for further details on 086 8159622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org <