AA Euro Recruitment Group
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Service Technician for a leading manufacturing company based in Killarney, Co. Kerry. The ideal candidate will have an electrical background with some mechanical inclination and experience. Also, due to the nature of the role there is a very high level of travel involved (60 to 70%). The already competitive salary includes a generous travel allowance to accommodate this.
In order to meet with increasing Customer Services and Customer Support demands worldwide, the Customer Services team is hiring additional Service Technicians.
In support of the Services Manager, the Service Technician will be responsible to deliver worldwide support for customers, both on-site and remotely, on all matters relating to company operations.
The Service Technician will coordinate rapid support in order to limit any potential downtime for the product at a customers terminal. The candidate will be responsible to coordinate efforts between internal Technical Departments in order to provide solutions to customers needs. They will always maintain a high level of quality and professionalism in all customer interactions.
The Service Technician will be an experienced professional, ideally with broad experience in multiple technical roles, and with broad knowledge of both electrical and mechanical systems.
The person will be highly motivated, dependable, and thorough and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously. The person will possess excellent planning, scheduling and organisational skills. Must have excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at all levels. Ensure that a high standard of service is provided at all times, and can prioritise tasks effectively on an ongoing basis to ensure that customer demands are met.
- Promotes cooperation – for the greater good of the company and the customer.
- Customer focused – meeting the needs of both internal & external customers.
- Demonstrates honesty, fairness and trustworthiness and follows through on commitments.
Key Elements of the Role:
Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provision of worldwide maintenance and service support for the full range of products from the client.
- Provision of on-site support as may be required for both planned and emergency repairs.
- Conduct and supervise product upgrades and refurbishments.
- Communication with customers on service and related matters.
- Calibration & Commissioning of products following installation at site, including testing and completion of handover formalities.
- Preparation and delivery of technical reports on project / job completion.
- Training of clients, customers and employees, both at site and internally.
- Liaising with internal Technical departments and suppliers to investigate and resolve faults.
- Checking of drawings and preparation of documentation for site works.
- Repairs and research in-house, as part of warranty and R&D.
- In-house product testing prior to dispatch, as may be required.
- Ensure that quality, environmental and Health & safety standards maintained at all times.
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement and Quality activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- A third level degree qualification, or trade, in a relevant discipline or suitable experience (Engineering or Technical is preferred).
- Minimum of two years experience in a similar demanding role is an advantage.
- Strong organizational, planning, problem solving and reporting skills.
- Fault finding and diagnostic experience essential.
- Travel worldwide providing on-site support for customers.