Social Care staff
AA Euro Recruitment Group
We are recruiting for a relief Social Care Assistants to join a leading Intellectual Disability/residential facility based in Co. Louth.
Desirable Skills required
- Training in positive behaviour support theory
- Must be willing to undergo Garda Vetting
- A full drivers licence
- Good natured, honest, and reliable
Essential Skills required
- Level 7 Major Award or equivalent relevant qualification in Healthcare/Social Care
- 1 years experience of working with vulnerable adults or adults with intellectual disabilities
- An understanding of current policy and developments at national and sectoral level in relation to Social Care within disability services
- Safeguarding requirements including Trust in Care, and Childrens First
- Proficient IT skills – Microsoft Office Excel, Word, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams
- Ability to follow plans and methods to meet the ongoing needs of the individuals supported.
- Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure dignity, privacy, and independence of the individuals with an intellectual disability are maintained and always respected.
- Assist with caring duties, including both personal and practical care tasks e.g., dressing, bathing toileting, assistance with eating, sleeping support, skins care, first aid and health promotion.
- Attend all medical appointments as required
- Assist service users in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedure.
- Ensure that all interactions with service users are approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporating choice.
- Facilitate and implement a person cantered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- Assist in serving of meals, laundry, and general cleaning tasks.
- Support Team leaders and nurses in the wellbeing of clients
- Record accidents, incidents, report information to designated person on duty
Shift patterns – day, nights, sleepovers (40 hours)
If you feel that you have the requirements and skills for this role, please apply with an updated copy of your CV.