Social Care Worker
AA Euro Recruitment Group
AA Euro Healthcare are seeking to hire a Social Care Worker on behalf of their client, leading Intellectual Disability residential facility based in West Kerry.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge.
Desirable Skills required
- Hold a QQI Level 7 Degree in Social Care Studies or equivalent qualification in Heath or Social Care
- 2 years experience of working with vulnerable adults or adults with intellectual disabilities.
- An understanding of current policy and developments at national and sectoral level in relation to Social Care within disability services.
- Experience of working as a team leader.
- Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong IT skills and able to complete reports when required.
- A full drivers licence and availability of own car is an essential requirement.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate and implement a person cantered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- Act as a Key Worker for specific individuals.
- Ensure all medical appointments are coordinated and supported.
- Administer prescribed medications and maintain all required records in keeping with organisational policy.
- Ensure that all legislative, polices and regulatory requirements (including Health & Safety Act and HIQA regulations and standards) are adhered to.
- Be responsible for maintaining a petty cash float, keeping relevant records, and ensuring that accounts are checked and balanced.
- Ensure all interactions with service users are approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporating choice.
- Support Team leaders and nurses in the wellbeing of clients
- Record accidents, incidents, risk assessments when required.
Sundays- time and a half, Bank Holidays-Double time, Premium rate sleepovers available
Full Job description on request
If you have the suitable requirements and skills for this role, please apply with an updated copy of your CV.