Speech & Language Therapist
AA Euro Recruitment Group
AA Euro Healthcare are currently recruiting for a Senior Speech and Language Therapist and a Basic Grade Speech and Language Therapist to join one of our well established clients who specialise in Residential Disability and Autism.
- This role is based in Stamullen, Co. Meath, with travel throughout Meath, South Cavan, Louth and North Dublin.
The Speech and Language Therapy Service works collaboratively with residents / clients, families, frontline staff teams and the comprehensive multi-disciplinary team in providing a service to safely and effectively manage the feeding, eating, drinking and swallowing needs in addition to optimising the communication environments for our clients in accordance with the Total Communication ethos of the service.
Responsibilities of the role may include:
- Demonstrate the requisite of clinical knowledge and the ability to disseminate information on assessment diagnosis, treatment planning & evaluations to family, team and frontline staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with multiple stakeholders across clinical and non-clinical services with the objective of optimising the communication status of clients in line with current HSE and HIQA standards and practice.
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills by offering advice and training where required.
- Have the ability to lead the service in a busy environment having clinical responsibility and accountability.
- Have the ability to plan and deliver care in an effective manner whilst being organised and managing time.
- Commit to assuring high standards of service delivery, and understanding the impact of wider healthcare developments within the organisation.
- Provide high and effective teamwork alongside Psychiatry, Clinical Neuro-Psychologist, Behavioural Specialists, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Dietetics and Social Work.
- Provide high support and advice with other teams participating in teams by communicating, providing leadership and keeping the clients needs central.
Requirementsthis role include:
- Own transport and full valid driving license essential for his role
- Training in Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC)
- Experience in working with adults with intellectual disabilities / Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) /Brain injuries
- Batchelor of Science in Clinical Speech & Language or qualification which has been approved by CORU
- At least three years post-graduate adult clinical Speech and Language Therapy experience
This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates to progress their career within the healthcare sector.
For more information on this role and schedule an interview, please clickAPPLY NOW