AA Euro Recruitment Group
We are actively recruiting skilled Support Workers on a permanent Full – time basis to accommodate a homeless service based in Cork city.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to be a member of a multi-disciplined team using holistic approaches to support homeless service users. Working to a house-led, low threshold, harm reduction approach, where residents receive a high degree of care, support and dignity.
This role works across a 7-day week rota, and commences with increased annual leave days and other added benefits. We have a night duty role available with this client also.
- Level 5 QQI qualification or above in social care, or a suitably related area Or
- 1 years paid experience working with service users in a social care setting such as addiction or homelessness
- Have a strong understanding of why people become homelessness, the impact on the individual and the needs they can present with (e.g. mental/physical health, addiction, offending behaviours, etc)
- Ability and willingness to work within the principles of Low Threshold and Harm Reduction
- Ability to consistently use a Housing Led approach and implement the Housing First Ethos in all service user work
- Experience of delivering life-skills interventions or activity planning desirable
- Experience of lone working or off-site working an advantage
- Be able to work as part of a team and appreciate the importance of high quality team communication.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for candidates of all levels to gain more experience and progress their career within the healthcare sector
For more information on this role and schedule an interview, please click APPLY NOW