Temporary Social Care Worker
AA Euro Recruitment Group
AA Euro Healthcare are currently have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced Relief Temporary Social Care Worker to join a leading Intellectual Disability based in Valentia Co. Kerry.
Part time position and must be able to work days/nights/weekends/sleepovers.
Applicants must have:
- BA in Applied Social Care or recognised professional qualification for Social Care.
- Applications will also be considered from candidates holding other qualifications: e.g. Nursing (RMHN), Teaching, Youth & Community Studies, Psychology and Social Work
- An excellent knowledge of the HIQA regulations and standards
- Experience of working in a care delivery capacity, preferably within a disability service.
- To facilitate and implement a person-centred approach for our Clients appropriate to their wishes and goals.
- To promote and protect the rights of people in a manner that respects their dignity, their right to make choices and their privacy
- To actively seek new interests and opportunities for people to develop meaningful roles in their communities
- To ensure the overall wellbeing of clients in all areas of their lives including health and personal care
- Must have 3 years + experience post qualification of working with adults/children with an intellectual disability service.
- Glucagon Injection Training and administration
- A full drivers licence with access to a car insured for business purposes and must be willing to drive vehicles.
- Experience of dealing with complex behaviours and with behavioural supports.
- Ability to lone working so experience will be required
- Eligible to work in Ireland
Must be willing to undergo Garda Vetting and provide two written references
HSE salary scale in line with experience and qualifications
For more information, please apply with an updated CV for immediate interviews!