Testing & Commissioning Engineer
AA Euro Recruitment Group
An exciting opportunity for an Electrical Testing Supervisor has arisen for an energetic individual who would enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. To supervise / carry out Testing & Inspection and Certification of all Electrical Installations as required by national governing bodies and to ensure compliance with national regulations and electrical safety procedures. To build your career by assisting in the delivery of leading edge engineering projects. To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards..
Key Functions of the Electrical Testing Supervisor:
- Implement and manage Lock Out-Tag Out (LOTO) and Control of Hazardous Energy (COHE) on projects where they are the AP (appointed person)
- Carry out Pre-Test Inspections (walk-down the field installation of each system term to term) on site and compile defect reports on compliance with national electrical regulations.
- Notify Project Manager and QC lead of any non-conformances or hazards on site.
- Supervise / Carry out testing of Low Voltage installations as required by national governing bodies, issue report and snag list.
- Compilation of reports and issue As Built Test Certificates
- Verification of Redlined Drawings for the LV Installation that is being Tested.
- Update cable schedules.
- Create DB schedules for inclusion in O&M.
- Complete Test Record Sheets
- Manage and Implement Electrical Safe System of Work on site (if they are the AP)
- Carry out periodic inspections and surveys of installations.
Electrical Testing Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Provide continuous Quality Training Support to Project teams i.e. Glanding & Terminating.
- Supervise / Carry out Inspection & Testing of Main and Sub-Main Distribution Boards and Transformer offloading cabling.
- Supervise / Carry out Inspection & Testing of Final Sub-Circuits.
- Assist close-out of project issues/ investigations / queries.
- Ensure safety measures are being implemented with regard to meters and PPE being used i.e. ARC Flash.
- Issues Final Certification for project.
Necessary requirement of the Electrical Testing Supervisor:
- Electrical Trade Background and/or a Third Level qualification in either Electrical or Building Services Engineering preferred.
- Ideally will possess 4+ years relevant experience in a similar position working for a Recognised company.
- Safe Electric QC Certifier Qualified.
- Safe Electric / NICEIC or similar City & Guilds Inspection & Testing trained and qualified.
- CompEx E01-06 qualified for ATEX environments (preferable).
- LOTO and COHE trained.
- Authorised Person competent and trained.
- Adhere to Low Voltage (LV) Switchgear switching protocols – ACBs, MCCBs etc.
- Good Knowledge of I&C installations.
- Pharma / Medical Devices / Data Centre experience / knowledge.
- Technical Knowledge and experience of Low Voltage systems and regulatory requirements ETCI, British Standards, EN standards and Cenelec, is desirable.
Desired Competencies / special role requirements:
- Results Orientation
- Customer Service/Relationship Builder
- Innovates and Improves Processes
- Attention to Detail
- Resilience and Positivism
- Team Worker/Builder